two possible bugs with Chrome extension

split from 1P(win) forum
BUGS:

1. Amazon.co.uk is not supported by Chrome plugin (username not filled in)
  2. "Hide my Logins when 1Password is locked" doesn't work with Chrome plugin

- celerity

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving the login manually in Safari. (The Chrome extension does not currently support manually saving a login.)

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).
    4. Click the Save button.

Using the above technique I was able to save a sample login in Safari and fill it in Chrome at:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/css/homepage

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :-)

"Hide my Logins when 1Password is locked" doesn't work with Chrome plugin

I am not sure what you mean by this. When I click the "Lock" button in the Chrome extension, I am presented with the lock screen the next time I attempt to access the extension:
    Bb0f.Screen%20shot%202011-02-20%20at%2023%3A58%3A05.png
    Is this not the case for you? The Chrome extension can remain unlocked independent of the main 1Password application depending on your security settings (Preferences > Security).
  • celerity
    celerity
    Community Member
    I don't use Safari or Mac OS X. That's why I posted the bug in the Windows forum.

Anyway, "Hide my Logins when 1Password is locked" is a feature that's suppose to lock Chrome extension when I lock 1Password for Windows. It doesn't work though.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Sorry for the confusion. Your post is currently in the Chrome forum. I am going to move your post back into the Windows forum where they will be able to better assist you.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    I'm sorry for the confusion, too. I moved your post to the 1Password for Chrome forum because the problem applied to the Chrome extension, rather than to either platform-specific version of 1Password. We're happy to help in either forum, of course! :)

As Khad mentioned, above, the browser extensions can remain unlocked independent of the 1Password program. Please see Why is the 1Password data file locked? for details.
This discussion has been closed.