Certain login-entries not shown in browser extension (Firefox/Chrome)

Options

hi,

I really love 1password and it gworks great most of the times, but I do have some problems since a few weeks. At least one login-entry I created by the browser extension is visible through the program (and my dropbox keychain as well as with my iPhone/iPad) but not when trying to fill out a form by the browser extension.
The entries don't seem to be in the database there (I cannot even search for the entry in the browser extension). I tried it with chrome/firefox (latests version).

I'm currently using 1password 4.1.0.BETA-545 but I already had these problems the versions before.

I just duplicated a similar login and changed the username/password manually to the desired data - and now the new entry can be accessed by the browser extension. I still left the "corrupt" entry so you could check/test this.
If you want me to help you solving the problem please let me know.

I compared the data of the working and not working entry. Everything seems to be the same.

Maybe you can help me?

Regards
Martin

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Edit one of the problem entries in the main app and check that the "Display in web browser" option is ticked.

• martinwinner
    martinwinner
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately this didn't help.. :-(

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@martinwinner, you're certain the Login item that doesn't appear in the extension was created through the extension's automatic offer to save a new Login item?

Also (pardon what may be a dumb question) you're sure the item that doesn't appear in the extension was a Login item and not a Generated Password item?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

You don't need to create a login through the extension for it to appear in the extension.

I created a new login, in the app, providing a title, username, password and url. It appeared in the extension menu.
    @martinwinner, can you confirm that you've got those 4 things set properly.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @RichardPayne—finding out how the Login item was created was a lead-in to the next question.

• martinwinner
    martinwinner
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown, I'm not 100% sure if the login was creating using the extension... but since I use the extension a lot I'm pretty sure.

Yes, it's a login (no generated password). The working and non working entry look exactly the same in the listing of the program.

@RichardPayne, I know that, thanks. But since it's pretty easy to use the extension, I use it a lot.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@martinwinner Does your Login item have a URL? If yes, does the URL protocol and the domain match the current page in your web browser?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

@martinwinner wrote:

The entries don't seem to be in the database there (I cannot even search for the entry in the browser extension).

@svondutch wrote:

Does your Login item have a URL? If yes, does the URL protocol and the domain match the current page in your web browser?

Shouldn't Login items with URLs turn up in a search, though, regardless of protocol and domain?

That's why I wondered whether it might be a Generated Password, instead, which @martinwinner reports is not the case.

• martinwinner
    martinwinner
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch yes, these is a url (https://...) and the protocol is the right, too..
    I only have the following fields in the entry: URL, username, password, notes
    It's exactly the same as the new one (which is working fine)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@martinwinner Can you export both Logins to 1PIF, and send them to me please?

stefan AT agilebits DOT com

IMPORTANT NOTE: please open your 1PIF in a text editor (in notepad, for example) and then change your passwords to: XXX

• martinwinner
    martinwinner
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch sure.. I just sent the entries to you.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @martinwinner.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@martinwinner I compared both your Logins. The one that isn't working isn't corrupt. The reason it doesn't display in your web browser is because the "Scope" property is turned OFF. As a result, this Login is not visible in your web browser. This is the designed behavior. You need to check (eg. turn on) the "Scope" property.

Please make sure you're using the version 4 web browser extension. The old (version 3) web browser extension has a bug where it would ignore changes you make to this "Scope" property.

Thanks!

• martinwinner
    martinwinner
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch thank you for looking into my problem.
    I'm currently using version 4 of the extension... - but I cannot find the "scope"-option. Where do I find it to turn it on?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

@martinwinner

1. Start 1Password
    2. Unlock
    3. Locate your Login item
    4. Click on the Pencil button (or press Ctrl+E)
    5. You should see a checkbox labelled "Display in web browser"
    6. Turn ON (enable) this setting:

• martinwinner
    martinwinner
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch wow, It's working. Thank you very much :-)
    I've never seen this option so far.

I have another small issue - (it's off topic).
    I use the new German translation (thanks for it!!) and some words don't fit - please see screenshots below. Maybe you can fix this in the next version of 1password?

• Hi Martin,

These UI problems in the German localisation are known to us and we're looking into fixing them as soon as possible :)

Grüße aus Trier!

This discussion has been closed.