I simply can’t get iCloud Drive syncing to work with 1password

Options
jonnybarnes
jonnybarnes
Community Member

I have 1password running in iOS8, and 1password running in Yosemite. I’ve tried clearing everything and starting again but I can’t get these to sync over iCloud.

I can get 1password for mac to store data in my iCloud Drive. Indeed, on my iPhone 5 I can go to the settings app and in iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage I can see that 1password data is present in my iCloud Drive.

However, when I go to my 1password iOS app and try to setup iCloud syncing I get the following error message:

iCloud Drive not available
iCloud account status cannot be determined at this time. Please check iCloud Drive status in Settings.

I know that iCloud is working because Tweetbot is successfully syncing read position between my iOS and Mac apps.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jonnybarnes,

Having confirm you can see the 1Password data in iCloud the first thought that comes to mind is to verify that 1Password for iOS is allowed to access iCloud Drive.

On your iOS device check in Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive. You need iCloud Drive to be enabled (top of the screen) and 1Password to also be enabled. It should look like this.

Let us know if this is how it is set up and still no success or if altered to match it what the results are.

• jonnybarnes
    jonnybarnes
    Community Member
    Options

My phone has the same green toggles set.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi @jonnybarnes,

That's a pity, I was hoping it was going to be something nice and easy like 1Password mini simply wasn't allowed access.

Just as a sanity check try rebooting your iOS device and make sure that doesn't have any impact.

Here's what I would like you to do for us please.

I'd like you to open 1Password and go to Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings. In there I would like you to select the following options:

1. Cloud Keychain (1P4)
    2. Replicator
    3. Sync

Having done that I would like you to repeat the steps to obtain that error, maybe even go through it a couple of times.

Then I would like you to do the following for us please.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+ forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you've sent the Report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: WXK-29981-431

• jonnybarnes
    jonnybarnes
    Community Member
    Options

Ticket ID: [#WXK-29981-431]

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jonnybarnes,

Thank you, somebody will be in touch shortly. As we'll be continuing this via email I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any further questions or issues please do post.

This discussion has been closed.