Safari extension does not open

Options
Mimann
Mimann
Community Member

I loaded the 1password app and can add a website and password manually. I loaded the safari extension and the 1 password button shows up in the forward tab. But when I go to a website and try to use the button to save a password a small screen opens that is blank. The only command that is visible is "cancel"

Comments

• Hi @Mimann,

A blank screen in the extension is an indication that 1Password cannot find any items in your vault that match the current website.

Please see this knowledgeable article for details: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/5/en/topic/extension-is-blank

Let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• Mimann
    Mimann
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks JasperP. I was trying to use the safari extension like my chrome extension for my PC. I went to Safari, went to a URL, entered the log-in information, and then was trying to save that information by going to the forward button/1password. That is pretty much the process that works with the PC chrome extension, after i type in the login I get a question asking if I want to save the information in 1Password. For Safari do I have to save the URL and log in information in the 1password app and then go to safari, type in the URL, then go to the forward button/1password to log in.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mimann,

Sorry for the misunderstanding! The 1Password extension in Safari on iOS can fill existing logins, but doesn't currently support saving new logins. That's definitely on our "to do" list, although I don't know exactly when that feature will be added. For now, you can manually save a new Login item in the 1Password app (or you can save a new Login via the web browser extension on your PC, then sync it to iOS).

For more information about the 1Password extension on iOS, please see our Extension FAQ. Let us know if you have more questions. Thanks! :)

• darkutz
    darkutz
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

@Drew_AG I had the same "problem" a few minutes ago.. untill I finaly understood why I get a blank "page" on the app.. how about adding a text for this? Should save people a lot of time not havibg to search websites and forums for answers.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @darkutz,

I apologize for the confusion! I agree, some text there would be helpful, rather than a blank page - although hopefully it won't be too long before we have the option to save a new Login from the extension.

• darkutz
    darkutz
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG that would be grate to have.. and also new Registrations saved as well.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @darkutz,

Thanks so much for the feedback! Our developers are working on making the 1Password app extension more useful, and I'll be sure to let them know you'd like to see more information here. :)

This discussion has been closed.