Problems with OTP and watchtower

caine
caine
Community Member
edited February 2015 in Mac

Hi there! I have a two strange problems with 1Password for Mac [1Password Version 5.1 (510027) Mac App Store]:
First one is a weird string instead of OTP value. It shows fine on my iPhone (dropbox syncing), on my work PC (1Password for Windows Beta) but on my home mac I can only see these strange symbols:
(https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/og/pjdhjqth52pb.png "")
Second problem is a Watchtower. It prompts me to change password on some site, I'm changing it and after couple of days it prompts me (red label 'vulnerability alert') to change password on this site again and so on. After 4-5 times I'm starting to think that is not a normal behavior of Watchtower service.
Is there any fix for this?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @caine,

Okay, the first thing I need you to do is to go to whatever site that TOTP code is for and reset the secret. You probably don't want to be displaying anything related to your TOTP secret in a forum or indeed even to us in a one to one situation.

Now as to why you're seeing that. At the moment our TOTP feature is available in just 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Windows. Don't worry, we know our Mac users want to see it and it's in the current beta. It seems good so I would guess it will be in our next release assuming no glitches.

Now the Watchtower one is odd. Can I ask, does the issue persist if you go into 1Password's preferences, switch to the Watchtower tab and click on the Update Now button. If the issue doesn't disappear we can certainly look into that as I can quite easily believe it gets annoying.

This discussion has been closed.