Editing a password is cumbersome

Options
bw8899
bw8899
Community Member

Hello, I'm hoping someone from support can help me.

Maybe I'm late to the game or this has not been discussed. I've noticed in the newest version for iOS that editing a password (or creating one) is cumbersome if you want to change a few characters in the password but overall keep the suggested pw. For instance, I just updated a pw on one of my sites and I couldn't have certain special characters. When editing the password, all the characters are hidden. So finding the exact character I want to change (for instance change a "@ to a &") is annoyingly harder than what it used to be.

In the older version you were able to view the password and change certain characters as you wished. Now you have to count characters or guess until you find where that certain place in the password is so you can change it. Is it not possible to put this feature back into 1Password?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bw8899,

The change was introduced into the latest version, 5.2. The reason we did this was we were concerned that iOS would attempt to learn passwords, by mistake, by nevertheless learn them if a user edited them. The new and yes, annoying approach stops this. We do realise this is difficult to use and we're not finished working on it yet. Hopefully we can come up with something safe yet friendlier at the same time.

ref: OPI-1920
    ref: OPI-2253

This discussion has been closed.