I lose my extension in Safari every time I close Safari

Options
wholie
wholie
Community Member
edited February 2015 in Mac

For the past 2 or 3 weeks each time I close and then reopen my Safari I have to go to Safari preferences to enable my 1password extension. following that it runs just fine and does what I expect it to. Then just today I had to actually reinstall the extension because it was completely missing. This happened three times today.
Anyone have some ideas to correct this?
thanx T

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wholie,

Sorry to hear Safari's 1Password extension keeps disabling or disappearing on you. Is that happening with any other extensions?

Please give this a try:

• Uninstall the 1Password extension in Safari > Preferences… > Extensions. This will not touch your 1Password data.
    • Restart your Mac.
    • Reinstall the browser extension for Safari.

If that doesn't fix the problem we'll investigate further to find you a solution. Thanks!

• devons
    devons
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having problems with the 1Password extension in Safari. It worked fine on my old mac, but on the new one it disappears from Safari every time I quit.
    Every time after quitting and restarting Safari, under Safari > Preferences… > Extensions there is nothing, so there is nothing to uninstall. I have rebooted, and reinstalled the extension, and it works fine until I quit Safari, at which point it is removed from Extensions again.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @devons,

Sorry this is giving you trouble, too. Is it only with the 1Password extension or any others as well? Have you tried the specific steps, in that order, suggested to @wholie? Make sure to manually uninstall the extension before reinstalling it after restarting your Mac. I hope that helps!

• devons
    devons
    Community Member
    Options

I tried the steps suggested, but can't complete them, because uninstall is not an option because 1password is not listed in extensions.
    I don't use any other extensions, and so wasn't sure if others were affected by this as well, so installed another one and found that other extensions have the same problem.
    A search on another forum suggested open Keychain Access:
    Use the search box in the toolbar of the Keychain Access window to search for an item named "Safari Extensions List". If found, delete it.
    Removing that from Keychain seemed to fix the problem of the extension disappearing when quitting.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @devons,

Thanks for getting back to let us know how you solved that problem! We've heard of that happening to a few other customers, and I believe the steps you found to delete that item from Keychain Access usually solves it. I don't know what causes it to happen (since it's a Safari issue) but I'm happy it's working correctly for you now. If you need anything else, please let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.