Multiple accounts and "show N more items"

Tom Harrington
Tom Harrington
Community Member

On some sites I have multiple valid accounts.

When I look at 1P's menu of logins, one or more is listed, followed by "show N more items" to see the rest. This is annoying because I almost always end up with an extra step just to find the account I need. At one site I have 7 valid accounts; 1P shows just one, with "show 6 more items". And the one that's shown is one that I almost never want to use, so I invariably have to show more to find the one I want.

How can I either (a) make 1P always show all items (there's plenty of room on the screen...) or (b) change 1P's decision as to which account(s) are shown initially vs. those hidden behind "show N more"?

Comments

• Jasper
    edited February 2015

Hi Tom,

How can I either (a) make 1P always show all items (there's plenty of room on the screen...) or (b) change 1P's decision as to which account(s) are shown initially vs. those hidden behind "show N more"?

This is not currently possible... but I'll let our developers know that you're interested in this option.

At one site I have 7 valid accounts; 1P shows just one, with "show 6 more items". And the one that's shown is one that I almost never want to use, so I invariably have to show more to find the one I want.

This specific case likely happens for the same reason I mentioned in your other discussion... the domain for the other 6 items may not be an exact match.

• Tom Harrington
    Tom Harrington
    Community Member

Lenient URL matching helps a little here. I get 5 logins displayed with "show 2 more items". I'd really like to see all matching options, unless I end up having so many that there's not enough room on the screen.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Tom Harrington,

Other customers have also requested to see more than 5 matches by default, and I'll be happy to add your comments to our open ticket for that. I can't make any promises, but it's certainly something our developers are aware of, so they may change this in the future. Thanks for your feedback about that!

ref: OPM-1480

• Thanks for the feedback, @cobaltjacket! Basically you're looking to change the order that the logins show up when there are multiple that match?

• @cobaltjacket,

Have you tried marking the items you want to show at the top as favorites?

Ben

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cobaltjacket,

Can you please elaborate on what you mean about Favorites working inconsistently? I know it's not the solution you're looking for in this case, but if marking items as Favorites isn't working correctly, we'd like to fix that. Thanks! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, that will be helpful!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cobaltjacket,

It could be me very well being dense and in need of a caffeine top-up but I don't think it's been asked yet, how do the primary website fields of your three entries compare?

I would suspect that the the visible Login item in that first image has a website field that matches the URL in the browser while the other two may match each other but not compared to the URL in the browser. If all three have the same primary URL in their website field then your favourite Google Login item should always be on top.

Could this be a factor at all in the inconsistent behaviour you're witnessing?

• Greetings @cobaltjacket,

So there is a setting that will cause certain items to not be visible in 1Password mini. If you edit an item you will see two new options become visible. One of them is titled display and the default setting is Always. If you set it to Never display in browser though it will disappear from 1Password mini and won't be offered as an option for filling. Is that what you were thinking of?

This discussion has been closed.