Disk not ejected properly

Options
DocUSA
DocUSA
Community Member

In1Pwd, 5.1, iMac, OS X 10.10.2: I am receiving frequent, recurrent, distracting “Disk not ejected properly” announcements ONLY relative to 1Pwd, identified in each announcement by the 1Pwd password hint that somehow appears there. So, is that a 1Pwd phenomenon???? Oh, and 1Pwd is often in the Finder Sidebar with an ejection icon accompanying...

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DocUSA,

Can I ask about where you have 1Password installed, is it in a disk image or mounted drive at all?

I'm also curious as to what syncing you may have set up (we don't set any syncing up automatically).

Hopefully those will lend something clues as to what is going on.

• DocUSA
    DocUSA
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the comment miniBob. Regrettably the technical aspects of your query are beyond me. I know Time Machine backups are automatic but I don't think that's what you seek...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi @DocUSA,

When you launch 1Password, is it in your /Applications/ folder where your other programs are?

I would hope it wasn't Time Machine related but I am curious, do you use a hard drive attached to your iMac or do you have an Apple Time Machine that the iMac uses over the network?

The error message, is it roughly hourly at all? and does the message say anything other than just "Disk not ejected properly", does it give any more details that might turn out to be useful?

It might take a couple of messages to figure out what is going on @DocUSA but we'll keep working with you until we resolve the issue.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Megan, the location for 1PW is more likely to be in/Applications rather than ~/Applications. The former is the main Applications folder (accessible to all users, where Apple keeps its applications), the latter is the individual user's Applications folder, which may well not exist.

I can't recall (it's so long since I installed) if the download of 1PW is as a .dmg file from which 1PW needs to be installed. If it is, and the user is trying to run it from the dmg disk image that would explain it appearing in the Finder sidebar with an ejection icon, and might also explain the error message. But I may be completely on the wrong track here.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi @danco,

I was actually meaning to type the character for indicating code but hit the shift key at the same time. That's a bad typo given the differences between /Applications/ and ~/Applications/`. For others, I've corrected the typo already.

If you download 1Password (AWS) it's a zip file but there are limited reasons I can think of that would explain that message, external disk, flash drive, network share or mounted disk image are the only causes I'm aware of. Pretty much just trying to cover the bases at the moment as I've never seen that error message relating to 1Password before.

I just had to edit this message several times to stop half the message being formatted as code because it simply grabs everything between two of those characters.

This discussion has been closed.