new download

Options
Yiayia
Yiayia
Community Member

I have an old version 3.8.21 for mac of 1Password. If I buy a new version from the app store can I get a discount by providing the lic. # from the original purchase? This will be installed on a new laptop.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

@Yiayia - I've moved your post from the iOS forum to the Mac forum, since you are asking about the Mac application.

If you bought your license from directly from AgileBits, you can indeed get a discount for your upgrade to version 1, but only from AgileBits. There is no way for them to offer a discount for any purchase from the Mac App Store. If you really want the version sold by Apple, you will have to pay the price posted on the Mac App Store.

The only functional difference between the version from the Mac App Store and the one sold by AgileBits directly is that iCloud syncing is only available from the Mac App Store version. If iCloud syncing is important enough to you that it's worth paying more for your license, that would be what you'd have to do. On the other hand, many users find that Dropbox, WiFi or Folder sync serves their needs well.

Obviously, yours is a personal choice.

• Yiayia
    Yiayia
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome. If you have more questions, be sure to ask.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It seems like hawkmoth has you covered @Yiayia, as he has stated, if you have any more questions do please ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.