Impossible to sync 1password with iCloud

Options
victordx
victordx
Community Member
edited February 2015 in Mac

Hi, i've recently bought 1password. I'm running with a Macbook Pro 15'' retina with Yosemite. I also have an icloud account active on my laptop.
Can anybody just tell me why i cannot sync 1password with my iCloud? Thanks.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Where did you buy your license? If it was directly from AgileBits, that version no longer can provide iCloud syncing. Apple doesn't give access to the protocols needed to applications that aren't sold from the Mac App Store.

You say that you bought your license recently. If you did buy directly from AgileBits within the last 30 days, they will issue a refund so that you can buy from the Mac App Store. If you respond here about your situation, someone will respond with next steps.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @victordx,

Just to let you know I've deleted your second screenshot as it contained your email address, you probably didn't intend to have that displayed.

@hawkmoth's assessment is correct and I can see you did purchase from us very recently (as well as noticing your screenshot of 1Password included the Updates tab which is unique to our Agile Web Store (AWS) version).

So if iCloud Sync is important to you then all you have to do is say you would like a refund, just here in this thread is sufficient and I can get that done for you so you can then purchase the Mac App Store (MAS) version.

What happened is when Apple released the new version of iCloud, the decided to start enforcing restrictions on it. What it means is only applications purchased through one of their stores are allowed to access the new iCloud related frameworks. Of these, there is one called CloudKit which we need to use for iCloud syncing. As a result the AWS version simply cannot sync using iCloud going forward. It can still use Dropbox or Wi-Fi Sync though if you're wanting to sync to iOS devices or Dropbox or Folder Sync with another Mac.

Let us know what you would like to do and we can get that sorted out for you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.