Paying Twice for 1Password?

red sky
red sky
Community Member

I bought 1Password 5 from Agilebits and entered / logged in a zillion entries on a Mac computer.

1Password is effective, user friendly, safe . . . and I appreciate the company providing this forum for communicating with Tech Support and users through this forum. I'm looking forward to fully implementing the app so I can post an online review and recommend it to others.

. . . but do I have to pay for two licenses?

On the iPhone6, I have access to many passwords but not to any that have been changed. . . including the one to the vault.
Why won't the Mac sync with the phone?
The website says I need the Mac App Store version.

Does this mean I have to pay another $49.99? That doesn't seem right.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

You won't be able to use iCloud for syncing with the license sold by AgileBits directly. But Dropbox, WiFi, and Folder sync are all available. If you really want to use iCloud, then, unless your license from AgileBits was purchased within the past 30 days, you will have to buy another license from the Mac App Store. Apple does not provide any way to offer discounted pricing on an individual basis. That isn't AgileBits's choice; it's a constraint on Apple's end.

Could you tell us a little bit about what you've tried to do to get syncing to work?

• red sky
    red sky
    Community Member

I bought my license from AgileBits on February 16, 2015, which is within the past 30 days. How do I update the license to include the Mac computer?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

You should send email to support+licenses@agilebits.com, requesting a refund. Include the email address you used to buy your license, your full name and address as you provided it, and a link to this thread. They will issue you a refund, and then you can buy a license from the Mac App Store.

You'll get an automated reply to your email, which will include a support ticket number. If you post that number back here, it will help the company connect to this thread and should speed things up.

There are special instructions for moving to the Mac App Store version. Be sure to follow those. Here is a link.

• red sky
    red sky
    Community Member

I just sent the email and will post the support ticket number when I get a reply to my email.

Thanks so much for your speedy and competent help. Much appreciated!

• red sky
    red sky
    Community Member

support ID is [#UXX-72614-177].

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi,

I've responded to your ticket :smile: As we'll continue the conversation there I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any further questions or issues please do post.

This discussion has been closed.