When I die, how does my successor access my 1password?

To whom it may concern:

Forgive me, if this was already addressed but I was unable to find an answer.
1) When I die, how does my successor or estate access my 1password?

2) My successor/estate need to do is mail in the necessary forms to
208 Adelaide Street West, Toronto, Ontario, M5H1W7, Canada?

3) Since you are a Canadian company, outside the US jurisdiction, will you accept US official documentation?

4) Will my 1password account license get transferred to my successor or estate?

Thank You.

Comments

• throwitaway
    throwitaway
    Community Member

5) Can anyone list customer support email?

• MikeT
    edited February 2015

Hi @throwitaway,

You will find this 1Password Emergency Kit very useful: http://productivityist.com/1password-emergency-kit-3/

When I die, how does my successor or estate access my 1password?

This is mentioned in the kit above but you basically have to put a copy of your 1Password data on a portable storage to put in a deposit box or a safe that can only be opened upon the will reading.

We do not have any access to your data, all of your data is under your control only.

My successor/estate need to do is mail in the necessary forms

Your data is yours and yours only, we cannot do anything to gain access to it. Your master password is what unlocks the data and we have no backdoor that can reset this access.

Will my 1password account license get transferred to my successor or estate?

There is no account to transfer, we're not a subscription service, and we have no access to any of your data. If you're referring to your license key, you can give your 1Password license key to your family members right now. Your single user license can be used with up to 6 family members in the same household.

Can anyone list customer support email?

You should use this link: https://agilebits.com/support as that'll be persistent over time and will update with proper email address and so on.

This discussion has been closed.