Safari login via Share with 1Password not working

Larry Daniele
Larry Daniele
Community Member

I'm using 1Password 5.2 on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.1.3. Here are the steps to reproduce my problem (assuming I already have the credentials saved and tested on Safari on the Mac, for example):

1. In Safari on an iPhone, navigate to https://www.eos-cca.com/NewLogin
  2. Select the "Share" icon at the bottom of the screen (square with up arrow).
  3. Choose 1Password.
  4. From the "LOG IN USING" list select your known good credentials.

You are returned to the log in screen, but no credentials are filled in. I would expect the credentials to be filled in.

I believe this used to work, so I'm wondering if something broke recently in 1Password (or if there's some setting I need to check to make sure this works).

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Larry Daniele,

Thank you for all the details, it's very helpful for us! :)

I don't have an account for that site, but I saved a Login item from the 1Password extension on my Mac using some random text, synced it to my iPhone, and the 1Password extension filled the fields correctly in Safari. I'm not sure why it isn't working for you, but if you're using 1Password for Mac, you can try manually saving a new Login for that site, sync it to your iPhone, and see if the new Login works to fill in the fields.

Let us know how it goes, thanks!

• Larry Daniele
    Larry Daniele
    Community Member

Hi Drew,

Thanks for the "manually saving a new login" advice. That works.

Doing a "show web form details" on my original login showed just "Username" and "Password" fields. The manually saved one shows lots more fields including some hidden fields (likely because we upgraded our login module with more security since when I saved the original one).

So I'm guessing that the problem I was seeing was in the "secret sauce" (aka "fuzzy algorithm") 1Password must use to try to find Username and Password fields on the form on the Mac vs. iOS (esp. when the saved login field names don't match any in the form). I'm not going to worry about this subtlety.

Onward!

Larry

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know @Drew_AG's suggestion got everything resolved @Larry Daniele :smile:

As this seems to be resolved I'm going to close this thread but if you have any questions or issues in the future don't hesitate to post!

This discussion has been closed.