Problem getting licence from one Mac to another

Options
Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password - Multiple Devices.

Comments

• bv922
    bv922
    Community Member
    Options

I bought a new MacBookAir and got a message my trial period had expired. I provided the registration info from my IMac and now I can't open 1Password on my MacBook. I don't know if I deleted something or what I did. How can I get my 1Password on my MacBook?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@bv922 I have moved your post from the Lounge as it had nothing to do with the thread in which you posted and, in addition, you'll get more help on the 1P for Mac forum.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say:

I provided the registration info from my IMac and now I can't open 1Password on my MacBook.

What version of 1P are you running please?

If you bought 1P from the AgileBits store (as opposed to from the Mac App Store) you can have your licence re-sent by entering at the top left on this page the email address you used when you bought 1P.

Stephen

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I would be inclined to delete 1PW by moving it to the trash (NOT by using any app that deletes programs, as those can delete your data too), empty the trash, restart the computer, and download 1PW again.

I suggest this because license issues would not stop 1PW from opening, so it sounds as though something else is wrong. Even an unlicensed version, when working properly, still allows you house existing passwords.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bv922,

danco is quite correct, these are unrelated issues. Even with an expired trial we will never lock you out of 1Password because what we're asking people to store inside it. It sounds like potentially an update went wrong and the solution is as danco says, download a fresh copy and we advise following these steps.

1. Quit both 1Password and 1Password mini. You can do this with the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌘Q when 1Password is open (it doesn't have to be unlocked).
    2. Drag the 1Password application from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash.
    3. Reboot your Mac.
    4. Download 1Password again from the same place you purchased it. So via Apple's App Store application if you're a MAS user and from our AgileBits Download page if you're a Agile Web Store (AWS) customer.
This discussion has been closed.