Print Behaviour

Hello,

I just went to print a secure note (for the first time) and WHOA! I turned around and saw that literally everything in 1Password was coming out of the printer - passwords and all!

This was completely unexpected behaviour from selecting Print and now I have 3 pages (I stopped it) of login information to shred. I know there's a Print Selected option, but that isn't the instinctive option to go to. I think the option should be given to you either in the print dialogue or as two different menu items: Print (prints the selected login, etc) then Print All.

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the feedback, Examinus. Most users don't print much from 1Password, and when they do, they are making a hard copy of all of their data to store in a safe place. We will consider the change, but in the meantime please do use the "Print Selected…" feature (and keep an eye on the page count before clicking the print button). ;-)

I'm sorry that this snuck up on you. It can certainly be jarring to have software behave in a way that we don't expect!
  • khad wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, Examinus. Most users don't print much from 1Password, and when they do, they are making a hard copy of all of their data to store in a safe place. We will consider the change, but in the meantime please do use the "Print Selected…" feature (and keep an eye on the page count before clicking the print button). ;-)

I'm sorry that this snuck up on you. It can certainly be jarring to have software behave in a way that we don't expect!

Yeah I'd never done it before, and it was only serial numbers etc for some Windows software I needed at another desk...it just shocked me!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Understandable! I've proposed we change the menu items to "Print Selected" and "Print All," so there is no ambiguity. I also suggested we change the keyboard shortcut for ⌘P to "Print Selected."

Thanks again.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    This is resolved in the latest beta (3.5.8.BETA-2). :-)

If you are not using the beta versions (Preferences > Updates > Include Beta versions), it will be in the next stable release.
    t6aB.Screen%20shot%202011-02-28%20at%2012.36.32%20PM.png
This discussion has been closed.