Keeping the old Chrome extention [Not supported]

Options
Johaarup
Johaarup
Community Member
edited March 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Well, I have to, right? I can't edit the logins in the new one, without having to start the main program. Or am I missing something?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @Johaarup,

At the moment, there is no support to editing your data via the extension with the current 1Password 4 for Windows version. If you find that you need to edit the item, you can right-click on it in the extension to select Open in 1Password to speed up the process of editing it.

You can choose to keep using the old extension but we do not support this. If you have issues, we will ask you to use the new extension. There will not be any new features nor bug fixes coming to the unsupported extension versions.

We do want to improve our current extensions and editing your data is one feature we'd like to add in the future.

• seaangel
    seaangel
    Community Member
    Options

Sad to hear that the old extension is obsolete. Thought it was more efficient and faster = user friendly.

Initially I was able to display both old and new extensions ( key symbol from old and key-slot symbol from new) at the top right hand corner for Chrome.But now I can only get the key-slot symbol.

How do I go about getting the old extension ( key symbol) back?.

Thank you and kind regards
    Philip

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @seaangel,

Thought it was more efficient and faster = user friendly.

It's the splitting of back and front ends we did in the current design. The front-end does need some TLC and we will improve it over time.

The backend was not user-friendly at all, it was very slow and inefficient. It actually caused a lot of problems for our customers when it came to syncing data between the extension and the main 1Password application. You'd get changes made in the extension only and it doesn't show up in the main application and vis versa.

In the current design, there is no more syncing, both now acts on the same data folder, far more efficient and instant. It's the front end that we need to work on, so we can benefit more from this effective setup.

Initially I was able to display both old and new extensions ( key symbol from old and key-slot symbol from new) at the top right hand corner for Chrome.But now I can only get the key-slot symbol.

As the browsers continues to change their extension APIs, outdated extensions will be marked as incompatible and removed. You can find the older extension here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password/hdmbinomkfhmgknkoicejolfdfjeajmk

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

How do I go about getting the old extension (key symbol) back?

@seaangel You can download the old extension here: https://agilebits.com/extensions/win/index.html

1Password 4 for Windows is backwards-compatible with the old extension, but we recommend you download the new extension here: https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html

Thank you for using 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.