1Password on YouTube

Options
prime
prime
Community Member

I subscribe to the 1Password on YouTube to look at ideas and videos to help people who use 1Password. My one complaint....can you get new videos and tutorials on there? I think this is a great way to help people set up 1Password using dropbox, wifi, iCloud, and other things.

I found a video (I wish I remeber who was doing it) and they guy was pretty good on using 1Password, but had some misinformation. To me, this wrong info can hurt customers because some people might not know that this isn't true info because it looks so legit. I don't think the guy doing the tutorial did this intentionally, but it wasn't right info.

A lot of people learn by watching videos, so maybe this can be a big help.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @prime,

Our most recent videos have been posted on vimeo. We are focussing on getting more tutorial videos out to the masses, so I'll see if it might be possible to post to both services - if people are looking for us on YouTube, we certainly want them to be able to find what they need! :)

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

I watched one video half way and turned it off due to non availability of captions . Videos are great visuals but we (deaf and hard-of-hearing) need captions to read what's being said. Will your team be including captions in videos?

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan
    Vimeo isn't bad, but I think more people will go to YouTube for info. I know so many people who rely on YouTube for info and very few people who know who even know what Vimeo is.

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

Doesn't matter which videos are used. They ALL should have printed captions.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @marlene!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I can sympathize with the request for captions for videos. A member of my household is hearing impaired and relies very heavily on captions, although 1Password videos aren't among the programming she depends on.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @hawkmoth, we appreciate the feedback! We're definitely working on adding & improving our video tutorials, and I think captions are an important feature that we'd love to include. I can't make promises of course, but I'll be happy to send the feedback to the folks here in charge of the videos. Thanks! :)

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you all for being supportive. On the other hand, are you aware of the ADA?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

@marlene - I'm sure Canada has rules governing access for the disabled, but they aren't contained in US law. I also don't know if the ADA would apply to short videos posted on a public site. Maybe, maybe not. More important anyway is that AgileBits is receptive.

I also recall that the first few generations of the iPhone were not hearing aid compatible, despite rules governing that. I've forgotten how Apple was able to do that.

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

@hawkmoth Are you in Canada? Is the Agilebits Company in Canada?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

@marlene - I am not in Canada, nor am I an AgileBits employee. I'm just a community volunteer on the forums, who can identify with your needs.

But the company is headquartered in Toronto.

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

@hawkmoth - Captions are to be implemented in all videos no matter how long they run. In all fairness: No captions? No sound.
    I'm not familiar with Canada nor their policies.

• Ben
    Options

AgileBits is a Canadian company, yes.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marlene,

I just wanted to follow-up with you here. I've been speaking with our video guru, and she has looked into adding captions to videos, because of course we want to ensure that all users have access to this content. Unfortunately, there seems to be no simple way to add captions to videos, so we'll need to look into the best way to make this happen.

At this time, the videos we've done are a re-formatting of tutorials that are already in the User Guide, so you're not missing any unique content that cannot be found there. As we move forward, we'll be sure to do what we can to make our video content more accessible.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, there seems to be no simple way to add captions to videos, so we'll need to look into the best way to make this happen.

Doesn't seem so hard.
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2734796?hl=en-GB

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

ok, tested and it's really not hard at all. This took me 10 minutes, including mirroring the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlUAgHi0LSk

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

Wow nice job! @RichardPayne

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

I clicked on the arrow and your video is not opening for me.

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

@RichardPayne - Thanks for providing info on captioning to AgileBits.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I clicked on the arrow and your video is not opening for me.

No idea why. It's published and public. Can anyone else not see it?

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

I can see it, no issues at all

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

Still not opening for me. I'm using Apple's Safari.

• Nurinai
    Nurinai
    Community Member
    Options

I can't see it.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Have you guys tried loading the link url into a new tab?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I had to tap the arrow to start the video twice on my iPad. The first time seemed to load the video, and the second tie started it playing.

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

Am unable to see the link. Can you post it here?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The video is embedded in post #17 in this thread. What do you see in that post?

• marlene
    marlene
    Community Member
    Options

How do I find post #17?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Scroll backwards, up in this thread. The post numbers are on the far right side of each post, at the top. Your last post is #29. This one will be #30.

Here is a direct link to it.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2015
    Options

You can also use this direct YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlUAgHi0LSk

This discussion has been closed.