1P crashing iPhone 6+

Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: Help - IOS Version on IPhone 6 Frozen.

Comments

• VicCarn
    VicCarn
    Community Member

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem. I just bought an iPhone 6 Plus and every time I try to open the app (that has been functioning very well on my 4S) it FREEZES and the iPhone RESTARTS!
    I'm worried because I have all my passwords there, and I'm unable to access them!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@VicCarn I have split your post from the thread in which you posted because you do not have the same problem as the original poster in that thread.

For a solution to your problem please try disabling zoomed mode.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @VicCarn,

I'm sorry you're having this problem! It sounds like you're running into an issue that can happen when Zoomed mode is enabled on an iPhone 6 Plus, which is why Stephen suggested disabling it. To do that, open the Settings app and go to Display & Brightness > Display Zoom, and change it back to Standard. Once you do that, 1Password should work correctly.

Please let us know if that helps, thanks!

• VicCarn
    VicCarn
    Community Member

Yes, thank you, it works fine. But will I have to change the display to Standart and reboot the phone every time I want to use 1Password?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @VicCarn,

We're aware of it but unfortunately it is still an open bug that our devs are trying to resolve. While I don't have a 6 Plus to test on I would hope the reboot isn't required, are you finding that turning off the zoom is insufficient to stop the crashing?

ref: OPI-1929

• kyuss
    kyuss
    Community Member

VicCarn is talking about the 6+ having to reboot when you change from Zoomed to Standard display mode by design. It's a relatively minor deal if you only do it once in a while. Having to do it just to use an app is another story. Maybe AgileBits should get a 6+ to test the app on?

• VicCarn
    VicCarn
    Community Member

Yes, kyuss, thank you, it's exatly that. Once in a while to change the zoom to Standart and reboot is okay, but if you use it for almost every password, it conditions you not to use the zoom on 6+. 1P is very nice, I hope it can be fixed soon.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@kyuss I am using 1Password on an iPhone 6+ in zoomed mode daily and not once had this crash. Several other people are doing the same. As we can not reproduce it reliably it is very hard for us to fix this issue. However we are looking into to it and collecting data to help us fix this as fast as possible.

• sheldonsmith
    sheldonsmith
    Community Member

I had 1Password do a hard freeze yesterday on my 6+. I had to perform a manual reset. Yes, zoomed mode was off at the time of the crash (and by default I have it set to off). Thanks for showing where the setting is located..

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sheldonsmith,

To make sure I understand, are you saying 1Password is crashing and/or freezing even when Zoomed mode is disabled (i.e. set to Standard)? If so, that seems to be a different problem than the one this particular discussion is about, but we'll be happy to help if that's the case. Just let us know, thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I just wanted to pop in here to give everyone an update (literally!)

1Password for iOS version 5.3 is now available on the App Store, and it includes fixes for many of the issues some customers have been experiencing on the iPhone 6 Plus in particular. Please let us know if the update helps, or if you're still having having any issues. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.