"Please wait. Downloading encryption keys..."

Options
belfastbiker
belfastbiker
Community Member

iPad Air & iPhone 5 with iOS8.1.2, iPassword Pro 5.2 on both devices, Mac with 10.7.4 and iPassword 3.8.22 (build 32010).

Syncing with dropbox works fine with the mac and the iPhone, but getting the above message when I try to get it working with the iPad.

Cheers for any assistance. :)

Comments

• belfastbiker
    belfastbiker
    Community Member
    Options

Fails to work with main agilekeychain or the backup, which I perform daily.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There is a suggested solution here from AgileBits (which I discovered by a forum search on "downloading encryption keys" ;) ). You may find the solution helps you too.

Stephen

• belfastbiker
    belfastbiker
    Community Member
    Options

On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

These options don't appear on my 1password.

• Ben
    Options

The interface has changed slightly from when those directions were written. Instead of selecting "change sync," select your vault, then change the dropdown from Dropbox to "none." You'll get a popup asking if you want to remove the data from Dropbox, which you do.

Thanks!

• belfastbiker
    belfastbiker
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Cheers for your assistance.

Original: "On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. CLICK SYNC, and click CHANGE SYNCING. Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync."

Update: "Instead of selecting "CHANGE SYNC," select your vault, then change the dropdown from Dropbox to "none." You'll get a popup asking if you want to remove the data from Dropbox, which you do."

Just trying to follow this, and the CLICK SYNC part isn't visible anywhere.

• Ben
    Options

You don't see "Sync" as a tab in your 1Password preferences on your Mac?

• belfastbiker
    belfastbiker
    Community Member
    Options

This could possibly be my stupidest post on the internet, forever archived in the annals of time. Lemme check what I mean. :)

• belfastbiker
    belfastbiker
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

See image, it's not just me being silly. :)

• Ben
    Options

My apologies. You mentioned in your first post that you were running 1Password 3 for Mac, and I misread that as 1Password 5 for Mac (which of course couldn't be the case as you are on OS X 10.7).

I'm going to ask one of my colleagues who works more closely with 1Password 3 for Mac to take a look at this for us and see if those instructions are still appropriate, and if so how they need to be modified for your situation.

• Ben
    Options

@belfastbiker,

I spoke with my colleague and we agree the best way forward would be to get a diagnostic report for each of your devices.

Please create a Diagnostics Report from your devices:

Then attach the files to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here with your ticket ID once you've sent the reports in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.