I can't figure it out

Options
Gran
Gran
Community Member

It seemed that I needed to pay $9.99 for the Pro version in order to be able to put Apps into 1Password. So far, none of the shopping apps I use have 1Password as an option. Have I wasted $9.99? I'm unhappy and confused.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You should be less confused if you take a look at the AgileBits Extension FAQ which explains why some apps support 1P and some don't—and also links to a list of supported apps.

Stephen

• Hi @Gran ,

Just to clear up any confusion, first please read the FAQ Stephen_C mentioned (thanks, Stephen). It is not possible for 1Password to automatically "inject" itself into third party apps. The developers of those apps have to add support, and we're more than willing to work with any developer to help them do so. If you wish to have 1Password support a third party app you use, your best bet is to contact the developer of that app and request it.

• Gran
    Gran
    Community Member
    Options

I have just tried to put it on my iMac, and ended up in a circle. Can I get my $9.99 back? I don't have the time.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Only Apple could refund your purchase from their stores. You could make the request to them.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gran,

As hawkmoth has stated, we're unable to assist with requesting a refund from Apple. All queries and requests for refunds for either the 1Password for iOS in-app purchase or 1Password for Mac (MAS) must go through Apple. When you purchase from Apple's stores we're not even informed that you're a customer and cannot act on your behalf.

Ideally I would like to link you to a Apple KB on the process but I don't think it exists. Instead here is one of the many third party articles out there that instruct you on what to do. I haven't followed it but I've heard of the site so it seems reasonable to assume it's correct.

iOS is an extremely locked down operating system so this is how extensions work (which don't require the in-app purchase). The number of apps that have added our extension is slowly growing but the onus is on the developers to add it. Yes it can seem frustrating but it's a question of Apple doing their level best to ensure iOS devices stay secure.

Now if you want assistance in installing and using 1Password for Mac we can help. I would like to point out right at the start though that are licences are per platform so the in-app purchase on your iOS device doesn't confer a Mac licence, that would need to be purchased separately.

If you do decide to go through with the refund request we wish you the best and sorry 1Password didn't fit with you.

This discussion has been closed.