1Password for iOS 7 - not available anymore?

Options
Thomas_U
Thomas_U
Community Member

I am using my iPhone 4 as a reserve for my iPhone 5.

iPhone 4 is restricted to iOS 7. 1Password 5.2.1 for iOS is not loaded from the Appstore as it only works with iOS 8.

Is there no way anymore to get 1P working on my iPhone 4?

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Thomas_U,

while trying to download 1Password on an iOS 7 device you should be prompted to download an older version of 1Password. Do you not get this prompt?

• Thomas_U
    Thomas_U
    Community Member
    Options

I´ll have to try that. So far I downloaded Apps always through iTunes. But now I´ll try to dl via iPhone AppStore and report here. Thanks Winnie!

• Thomas_U
    Thomas_U
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, that worked. Thanks again!

• Glad to help. Please reply if you have further questions.

• philipp1988
    philipp1988
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

I am a new 1password user i am using iphone 4 too. when i go to app store it comes no prompt for older version. what can i do?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @philipp1988,

Unfortunately this trick only works if you had previously purchased 1Password. The App Store won't sell old versions of apps.

• Thomas_U
    Thomas_U
    Community Member
    Options

this trick only works if you had previously purchased 1Password

That´s a real bummer. Developers and customers should file complaints at Apple.

• Ben
    Options

You can send feedback to Apple here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

• airboxlights
    airboxlights
    Community Member
    Options

Is it possible for someone who has the older software to send it to someone like me who needs it, since it's not available on the app store if you didnt buy it previously?

• Ben
    Options

Unfortunately not. Each app downloaded is tied to the Apple ID that downloaded it.

This discussion has been closed.