Hide Passwords [Fixed in the latest 4.3.1 update]

Options
mb_nextworth
mb_nextworth
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I recently rebuilt my laptop and reinstalled 1Password. The version on the web site, once installed, asked me to install the newest update, which I did. Now, however, all of my passwords are visible without clicking the 'reveal' button. Conceal Passwords on the View menu is checked, but unchecking/re-checking made no difference.

What gives?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Which OS are you running?

• mb_nextworth
    mb_nextworth
    Community Member
    Options

I've actually got 1Password running within Wine on a Ubuntu laptop. Wine is mimicking Windows 7.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

It's a WINE bug. I get the same thing in Mint. The software works fine in Windows.

• mb_nextworth
    mb_nextworth
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

• mb_nextworth
    mb_nextworth
    Community Member
    Options

Looking forward to you porting the Mac application to Linux ;)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, me too @mb_nextworth although they have no given any indication that such a port is planned. :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

@RichardPayne @mb_nextworth: Thanks for the feedback! Indeed, nothing to announce for Linux at this time, but it may be something worth pursuing in the future provided there is enough interest -- and enough resources to develop and support a sixth platform. ;)

Also, I especially appreciate knowing that WINE doesn't properly hide the password field. Nice catch! /themoreyouknow :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty There's a rather large thread full of people asking for a Linux version so the interest is clearly there.

Also, I especially appreciate knowing that WINE doesn't properly hide the password field. Nice catch!

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37896

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks for the bug report link, that's helpful to have.

• PaulD
    PaulD
    Community Member
    Options

@mb_nextworth The issue of passwords not being concealed in 1Password under WINE has been known by the team since the middle of 2014. Add a +1 in the comments to this discussion to let people know that it's affecting you too, and to recieve updates about the fix.

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks for linking to the original discussion, we didn't make the connection to the original bug, so it wasn't merged as such.

• PaulD
    PaulD
    Community Member
    Options

@mb_nextworth This issue has been fixed in version 4.3.1.560

• LauraR
    Options

Yes, to confirm the post from @PaulD version 4.3.1.560 has fixed this issue.

• mb_nextworth
    mb_nextworth
    Community Member
    Options

I finally got around to testing the new version and it does, in fact, properly mask the password. I'm still holding out for a native Linux version, though.

• PaulD
    PaulD
    Community Member
    Options

@mb_nextworth I'm afraid, I strongly believe that's a pipe dream.

• LauraR
    Options

@mb_nextworth - we have no current plans for a Linux version of 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

That said, I wouldn't rule Linux out entirely. But for the time being we are focused on our (many) existing platforms. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.