The add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on agilebits.com

Options
p1inorbit
p1inorbit
Community Member

i get this error everytime i try and downlad the firefox add on. same error on the alternative download link. How do I resolve it

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Well, that's strange because going to 1P > Install Browser Extensions... works for me when using Firefox 36 so I don't think there's a problem at that end.

I'd be inclined to reboot and restart Firefox and see if that makes any difference.

Stephen

• p1inorbit
    p1inorbit
    Community Member
    Options

I think the problem may be with firefox. I found a simple solution, I downloaded the extension with safari and then installed it in firefox

• p1inorbit
    p1inorbit
    Community Member
    Options

my firefox version was 35.01

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @p1inorbit,

I'm glad you were able to install the extension in Firefox, thanks for letting us know! I don't know for sure if the version of Firefox had something to do with the problem, but looks like the latest is Firefox 36.0, so you may want to update that if you haven't already.

If you need anything else, just let us know! :)

• paulcul
    paulcul
    Community Member
    Options

HI, i am having the same problem
    keep getting the message saying
    The add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on agilebits.com.
    I have tried the above downloaded to safari but unable to open the download.
    Please advise

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @paulcul,

I'm sorry you're also running into this problem! What exact version of Firefox are you using? The latest stable release is currently 37.0.2. You can check for updates by going to the menu for Firefox > About Firefox. If an update is available, please install it. Does that make any difference?

You said you also tried to download it via Safari, but couldn't open the download. When you double-click the .xpi file that you downloaded, it should give you the option to Choose Application. When you click that, a dialog will open so you can pick Firefox, although it might be grayed out - if so, change the "Enable" popup menu to All Applications, and then you'll be able to choose Firefox.

Alternately, you can try dragging the .xpi file from your Downloads into a Firefox window, and that should give you the option to install it.

Do any of these suggestions help to install the extension in Firefox? Please let us know how it works out. Thanks!

• paulcul
    paulcul
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew_AG.
    Followed the instructions (Choose Application. When you click that, a dialog will open so you can pick Firefox, although it might be grayed out - if so, change the "Enable" popup menu to All Applications, and then you'll be able to choose Firefox.) installed instantly, and now working.
    Thanks for a Quick responce ,Great Service.

Paul

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome, @paulcul! Thanks for letting us know which steps worked for you. I'm glad that's all sorted out now!

We're always happy to help, so if you need anything else, just let us know. :)

• MAD5775
    MAD5775
    Community Member
    Options

im on firefox 38.0.1 and im having the same issues

i tried downloading on chrome and it immediately installed into the browser - i didnt see an option to open with firefox

how can i download yesware

pls help me resolve!!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MAD5775,

The screenshot in your post shows a connection failure attempting to download a Yesware add-on for Chrome from www.yesware.com. That is not an AgileBits product (1Password and Knox software) or from our website (agilebits.com). If you're looking for the 1Password extension for Chrome it can be downloaded from here:

1Password Browser Extensions

If you've arrived on our forum by mistake and really do want the Yesware add-on this is their contact information:

Contact Us | Yesware
    http://www.yesware.com/contact-us

And we're happy to help you right here if you do have any questions about 1Password or Knox. Cheers! :)

• Carmelo
    Carmelo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I had the same problem. I'm using ff 43.0.4 but the problem was the same with previous versions of ff since upgrade to 1P 4.

This problem was not only with 1P extension but with other 2 extensions for ff.

This is what worked for me:

Install the extensión from the Mozilla marketplace instead of the vendor web page (Just look for the extension name in the 'Get Add-Ons' option and install from there).

Of course, this was not possible for 1P extension as it is not shown in the list (at least for me in Spain). In this case the only solution was to download the extension using other browser and then install it from file (.xpi) using the 'File' option on the menu bar or by clicking the Gear option on the 'Get Add-ons' screen and selecting 'Install Add-On from File...'.

According to all this I think that the problem could be related with the listing on the Mozila marketplace.

I hope this help.
    Bye.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that information, @Carmelo. I'm glad you got things sorted out, but it's troublesome that Firefox would have difficulty installing the extension directly. We'll keep an eye out for more reports like this but hopefully it is a temporary issue.

• DogOfWar
    DogOfWar
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, i had the same problem as @Carmelo with FF 44.0.1 and used his trick of downloading the file with Chrome and manually installing it like he suggested. Seems like a pattern for FF users and 1Password.

• Thanks @DogOfWar. Glad to hear you got things sorted out. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.