Multi-Page Login

reck
reck
Community Member
edited March 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm trying to create a login for my bank HSBC (https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/) which is a two page process. I'm using a single login for both pages.

The first page simply asks for my Username, no problem here. The second page then asks for two pieces of information. Firstly it wants the answer to my memorable question and then it wants me to enter the number from my security fob.

What I want to do is let 1Password fill in my memorable question and then let me manually enter the security fob number. The problem I have is that this second page isn't working and i'm seeing different results on different browsers.

My primary browser is Firefox which doesn't work at all on page two. When I press the shortcut key it asks me to select the correct login but then doesn't fill in the memorable answer field.

When I try and use I.E. and press the shortcut key it fills in memorable question field ok but then it also puts the memorable answer in to the security fob field as well, even though I left this empty when I saved the form.

Any way to get this working? Ideally I want to use Firefox and only use I.E. when I have to.

I'm using 1P 4.2.0.548, Firefox 36 and I.E. 11

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@reck You might want to save a new Login manually for page #2.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Auto save isn't working for some reason on these pages so I am already saving both pages manually as described in your link.

Since different browsers are doing different things it seems something isn't working properly somewhere?

• Hi @reck,

Since different browsers are doing different things it seems something isn't working properly somewhere?

Internet Explorer doesn't have the same extension APIs as the other browsers do, which means it is possible to have completely different experiences between the IE add-on and the browser extensions. We do try to minimize this as much as possible by continuously improving both the IE add-on and the browser extensions for Firefox (and Chrome/Opera). I am not able to get the extension to fill in properly on HSBC's second page either, so I'll file a bug report and we'll look into fixing it as soon as possible.

Hopefully as Microsoft announced extension support for their brand new browser in Windows 10, we can actually use the same extension for it and have a much more consistent experience across all browsers.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

Although I.E. is having problems with the page it's actually Firefox that is having the biggest problem. It doesn't work at all in FF while I.E. at least has a go at filling in.

My primary browser is Firefox and I only used I.E. for testing purposes so if you're able to get a fix for Firefox which does use your extension that would be great.

• Hi @reck,.

So far, 1Password cannnot work with the random character fields at the moment but it does fill in the memorable password for me when I created a brand new Login on the second page 2 with my own account.

Can you try this and see if it works better:

1. Log in on the page 1
    2. On the second page, enter your memorable password only, do not fill in any of the characters.
    3. Click on the 1Password icon to open it up to select Settings > Save New Login and save it as a new item, don't replace your previous Login with this one
    4. Now, just in case, open the main 1Password application, and locate the new Login you just saved. Edit it, go to the bottom section where it shows the data it saved. Delete the empty pass1, pass2, and the rest of the fields except for memorableAnswer. Save it.
    5. Try again in Firefox, see if it helps at all.
  • reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

Just tried as you suggested and saved page 2 out as a new login and it works! With these sort of multi-page I always try and save all the pages in one login but it seems it didn't like this one for some reason.

After saving this separate working login I can now see why it wasn't working on my original login. On my original it had created the field for the memorable answer but the "Name" value was empty.

On the new login I could see that it had correctly set the "Name" value to "memorableAnswer" so I simply copied this value to the Name entry in my original login and that works as well now.

Many thanks for your help.

• That's Mike for you :)

Let us know if you need help with anything else.

This discussion has been closed.