One Time Passwords not Authenticating - ver 4.2.0.548

Options

I use One Time Password to authenticate to GitHub.

I sync my 1Password DB via DropBox to my iPhone.

I run Win 1Password v4.2.0.548 on my PC.
I run IOS 1Password v5.2.1 on my iPhone.

The OTP generated on my iPhone and PC are different at any given moment.

The OTP generated on my phone will authenticate me to GitHub.
The OTP generated on my PC will NOT authenticate me to GitHub.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

I use One Time Password to authenticate to GitHub. The OTP generated on my PC will NOT authenticate me to GitHub.

@zevlag This bug has been fixed in version 4.2.1.BETA-550:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4#beta

• froderick
    froderick
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I'm having the same issue but with Kickstarter (1P Win v.4.2.0.548 gives the wrong OTP, but the same item in 1P for iOS gives the correct one). I notice the beta history specifically mentions Github as fixed... does that fix apply to Kickstarter as well or will it need a separate fix?

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @froderick,

It should apply to a few other TOTP items because it is related to how the user entered the secret in a way we didn't expect and we had to update the application to accommodate it. However, I'll check with the development team to see if the fix is specific to Github or any TOTP secrets entered in a specific way.

Would you mind testing the beta to see if it works better?

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @froderick,

I was able to get a confirmation from the developer that the fix should apply to others as well.

Would you be willing to install the beta version to see if it works for you?

• froderick
    froderick
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT, thanks for the prompt response! I can confirm this is also fixed on Kickstarter with 1P 4.2.1.BETA-555.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @froderick,

That's awesome, thank you! We'll ship this to the stable channel as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.