Need to talk to a support person

Options
kirabutler
kirabutler
Community Member

Hi - I'm really frustrated that this system has not been more user friendly and that the only way to get any information is to try and dig through endless forum posts. I'm about to pull the plug on the whole thing and write the worst reviews on every single website about this. I had really hoped to have this be seamless and easy and the fact that you have no customer support is mind boggling, especially because people are entrusting to you their security. can someone please contact me so that I can speak to a person about my issue. I have tried every single thing i've read in the forums and nothing is working. I now have two versions of 1password on my Mac, one version on my iPhone, I paid 49.99 for something because one section of support said that you can't sync with the phone unless you have the version downloaded from apple and nothing is working.

I'm deeply disappointed (is the polite version) and I'd love to get some person to person help before I cancel it all and contact the journalist at businessweek who recommended it.

Thanks so much

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

If you'll post your questions here, I'm sure you'll get the support you need. If you prefer email, sent it to support+forums@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread. You'll likely get faster service if you outline your issue here, but you will get email support if that's your preference. You'll get an automated response to your message that will include a support ticket number. It will help staff connect your request with this thread if you post that ticket number back here.

I am a volunteer here, not an AgileBits employee, but have been hanging around long enough to know that you can get the support you need here if you'll describe your issues.

• kirabutler
    kirabutler
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for answering @hawkmoth - I actually need to speak with someone because the issues are complex enough and I've been working so hard to figure them out, that I need someone to walk me through it on the phone. I just can't believe that they don't have customer support that once can speak with on the phone with something that they're charging for and involves personal security.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

There has never been phone support for 1Password.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

But there is email support. Someone from AgileBits will be in touch, as they read the forums regularly.

But if you say what the problems are, it will speed things up. There are plenty of users who are very helpful, in addition to the AgileBits staff. And you will have to describe at least some details of the problem to get support from them, so why not start by describing it here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kirabutler: Sorry for the trouble! We have a great community here (as you have probably seen), but I know not everyone is a fan of forums. Please do reach out via email so someone can assist you directly, and you'll be up and sync'ing in no time. :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options

@kirabutler, Looks as though brenty forgot to give the email address. support+forums@agilebits.com should work.

Meanwhile, some more comments from me (just a long-term satisfied user). Did you actually pay for two copies of 1PW? If you did, AgileBits will give you a refund on their version unless you bought a long time ago. Getting a refund from Apple is possible but harder. You only NEED the version from Apple if you want to sync using iCloud, due to Apple's restrictions, but many of us are happy to sync using Dropbox, which works on both versions.

Are you having problems with 1PW on your Mac? Having two versions of 1PW won't help. More than likely you should trash one version, empty trash, and reboot. But as we still don't know what is going wrong, this is more of a guess than a recommendation.

What is happening on the iPhone? Until you have set up syncing, that is completely separate from 1PW on the Mac.

As far as syncing is concerned, once 1PW is working on both Mac and iPhone, this is ALMOST completely automatic. Only "almost" because syncing has to be turned on on both, it needs your initial input.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kirabutler,

Given your stance on our forums it seems all that is really left to do is wait for the ticket ID. It isn't necessary but it will help ensure your email isn't lost amongst the hundreds we receive every day.

That's why the forums are so useful. We can be helping one person in a one-to-one setting (as long as nothing personal needs divulged) and yet several people who don't even register in our forums may find the solution they need simply by checking the forums out. In contrast, telephone support is extremely staff intensive and not feasible for many software companies.

Regardless, if you can post the ticket ID we can see about communicating with you via our ticketing system.

This discussion has been closed.