Trouble Saving/Editing/Updating via Chrome Extension 1P4

justin_w
justin_w
Community Member

Using 1P 4.4.3 with the Chrome extension (4.2.5.90). When I try to save a new item, the window pops up, but I can't type anything into the fields. I can hit save, but it gets saved with a wrong or blank title. I've tried removing the extension and reinstalling, but it didn't help.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @justin_w,

That's a strange issue, I'm sorry you're having trouble saving new Logins!

Can you please confirm that you're following the steps here to save a new Login item? Specifically, when 1Password prompts you to save a new Login, does it look like the screenshots in "Step 4: Save the login in 1Password"?

If so, but you can't edit the title before saving it, can you let us know which version of Mac OS you're running, as well as the version of Chrome installed on your Mac? Thanks!

• justin_w
    justin_w
    Community Member

Yea, it's very strange. I've had 1Password for years, and have used the extension to save a new login item without a problem until this now. It almost looks like the screenshot in Step 4... except the editable field where you rename the title appears to be blank. I say "appears" because if I save it, whatever the default text is gets saved. And if I click in it to type, what I type gets saved, but I can't see what I'm typing. Not sure if I can erase the invisible default text. For example I saved my agilebits forum login and the title is "Agilebitsasdf" (was typing and didn't think it was doing anything). Very bizarre. I'm also looking into if there's some bigger problem with my computer.

Note: I also just tried saving a new login via the Safari extension - same exact thing happens. (Safari 7.1.3)

OSX: 10.9.5
    Chrome Version 40.0.2214.115 (64-bit)
    1Password Chrome extension (4.2.5.90)
    1Password 4.4.3

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @justin_w,

Can I ask, have you tried something as simple as a reboot? you'd be amazed what that can sometimes clear.

This discussion has been closed.