Why can't 1Password see Dropbox?

I have an old Mac incapable of running Yosemite. So it is running 1Password version 3.8.22 which, when I check for updates it insists is the latest version.

I have a new Mac running 1Pasword 5.1.

I want to move the agilekeychain from the old machine to Dropbox so I can use it with the new computer. I go to Preferences > General > Data File > Move to Dropbox and press the button, and I get the error message "Dropbox is not installed", but Dropbox is installed on that machine and working perfectly. I have no idea how to proceed!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kevin McNulty,

Just to let you know that I've moved your thread to our 1Password 3 forum given the version you're running.

Now to your query. Development on 1Password 3 really stopped back in 2012 and at some point after then Dropbox have changed something, it's either where they store their files or possible the name of their process when it's running. Either way what we did to search for it no longer works as you're aware.

Everything is not lost though. There is another way to move the 1Password.agilekeychain to Dropbox.

In the General tab of 1Password 3's preferences there is the Move to Dropbox... which you're already aware of. What you might not know though is if you right click on the path above it you will get a small menu with three options. The one that will interest you is the Move Data File to Another Folder.... You can use that to manually move the .agilekeychain into Dropbox and achieve the same goal.

Let us know how you get along :smile:

This discussion has been closed.