Feature Request: Add 'Opens In' field for all 1P types

Hello!

I'm sure someone may have mentioned this previously, but I'm going to spare myself the forum search time to bump the request to add an "Opens In/Opens With..." field to 1Password for Mac OS and Windows. Specifically, there are several websites that I use for business, banking, etc., that store cookies indicating I have verified a computer to work with said machine/browser combo. Since I have more than one browser (Chrome is currently my default), when Bank of America opens in Chrome, while the password is stored, I am forced to go through the Security Challenge Questions for device verification.

A simple field that stores the desired application location or that auto detects the installed platform's browsers and asks which one to use on addition of a new login or other field would be AWESOME.

Anyone else think this could be useful? Show your support in the poll.

Thanks!
Evin

Comments

• Hi Evin,

Have you consider using Choosy to do this for you? It’s an application that acts as a chooser for each time you click on a link, letting you pick which browser to open it in. It can work from any application. Here’s the site: http://www.choosyosx.com/

This suggestion has come up a few times from our users, thanks for letting us know that this would be useful for you. I’ll leave this poll open for now but we’ll look into this feature request for a future update to 1Password but I do not have any specific timeframe on this if we do decide to implement this feature.
  • MikeT wrote:

Hi Evin,

Have you consider using Choosy to do this for you? It’s an application that acts as a chooser for each time you click on a link, letting you pick which browser to open it in. It can work from any application. Here’s the site: http://www.choosyosx.com/

This suggestion has come up a few times from our users, thanks for letting us know that this would be useful for you. I’ll leave this poll open for now but we’ll look into this feature request for a future update to 1Password but I do not have any specific timeframe on this if we do decide to implement this feature.

Valid suggestion. I've actually been recommended Choosy before, just never gave it a try. BTW, there is a mini API to Choosy... ;-) Just a thought. Anyways, glad we can keep the poll up. Sorry if I violated a rule for posting a poll. I figured since polls were enabled in posts that you guys were cool with it. I won't be offended if it gets closed down.

Out of curiosity, why isn't there a forum sticky for each product Agile develops specifically for Feature Requests? Or, may I recommend uservoice.com? I like the latter the best. Users have good ideas (sometimes) too. :-)

Be well.

-Evin
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Valid suggestion. I've actually been recommended Choosy before, just never gave it a try. BTW, there is a mini API to Choosy... ;-) Just a thought. Anyways, glad we can keep the poll up. Sorry if I violated a rule for posting a poll. I figured since polls were enabled in posts that you guys were cool with it. I won't be offended if it gets closed down.

Out of curiosity, why isn't there a forum sticky for each product Agile develops specifically for Feature Requests? Or, may I recommend uservoice.com? I like the latter the best. Users have good ideas (sometimes) too. :-)

Be well.

-Evin

Hey thanks for the API info.

I didn't know that existed. Its no harm on the poll we all do it from time to time. If we cant rely on our great user base to kick us in the pants for a good idea then well we should probably do something different.

I wanted to add to what Mike said if you wish to use go and fill for the choosy feature to work you must use the 1P dock icon and go that route vs the individual browser route. Some folks miss that portion. :)
This discussion has been closed.