dropdown in the way

WDC
WDC
Community Member

I am trying to generate a new password, and there are instructions for requirements for the password. The instructions are multiple lines on the web page. I can move the password generator away from the page, but I cannot move the original 1PW dropdown and therefore cannot read the instructions. This is very annoying. I cannot get the dropdown to disappear without closing the password generator window.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WDC,

If I'm understanding correcting you're wanting to move the entire 1Password mini menu, is that correct?

You're right that you can't do that while the Password Generator window is open but you can move it beforehand which may mean moving the Password Generator window isn't required. Below is a screenshot I've take and the red bar represents roughly where if you place the cursor you should be able to click and drag. 1Password mini should remember this too although I don't believe it applies if you routinely use either the menu bar icon or the extension icon in your browser. I'm used to opening 1Password mini using the keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘\ and as a result it always opens in the top right-hand corner for me.

Does that help at all?

• WDC
    WDC
    Community Member

This seems to work for me. (I have not tried it with the webpage of which I spoke; however, with this forum page open, I can move the dropdown out of the way.) It doesn't seem to remember the new location using the menubar icon, but as long as it goes out of the way that is fine. It would be nice if it did remember where I prefer it. Thanks for the help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WDC,

We do seem to have differing results here.

Now our setups may differ so see what you think of mine (on the assumption that you can replicate my behaviour).

I almost exclusively use the keyboard shortcuts, the most common one I use is ⌥⌘\ to open 1Password mini. I also don't have the 1Password icon in my menu bar (it was getting too crowded). That you can turn off in 1Password's preferences in the General tab (Show mini app icon in the menu bar). With that combination, whenever I use the keyboard shortcut 1Password mini always opens up in the top right hand corner where I set it to.

Now could that fit in with how you like to work and does it behave if you do?

This discussion has been closed.