1PW does not store one field of login page

Options
DeathRobot
DeathRobot
Community Member

I use a site regularly that requires 1) Name, 2) Barcode, 3) PIN. I have tried both automatically and manually saving the login info numerous times, but 1PW always only saves the Barcode (as username) and PIN (as password). Is it possible to have it remember all 3 fields? Thanks.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The usual solution for problems like this is to re-create and save the login manually. Have you tried that?

Stephen

• DeathRobot
    DeathRobot
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen. Yes, I have tried that numerous times. That first name field just won't stick. Here's the login URL in case it helps:

https://catalog.oaklandlibrary.org/iii/cas/login?service=https://encore.oaklandlibrary.org:443/iii/encore/j_acegi_cas_security_check

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DeathRobot,

You're quite right, 1Password is guessing that the barcode is your username rather than actual name. Saying that when I followed our guide on Saving a Login Manually, the link Stephen_C pointed you to, it does record all three pieces of information in the web form details section of the Login item and it submits all three pieces of information when I use the Login item.

Now if you're not finding that I am a little puzzled. If when you try to use the Login item it works we can work with you to make it visually better without harming it's ability to work. Please do let us know.

• DeathRobot
    DeathRobot
    Community Member
    Options

Hello and thanks. I've gone through the manual login process many times (though I just tested it again to be absolutely sure before responding); it always only saves two fields, skipping the name. I have been using 1PW for a couple of years, and this is the only site I can recall that is giving me issues. Is it possible to see the details of the name field (or can you post it here), and can I then manually add that field to my login info?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @DeathRobot,

I suppose I have assumed you're running 1Password 5 although that shouldn't make any difference unless you're actually running the much older 1Password 3.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of what Saving a Login Manually creates

and this link below is me sharing this template for a lack of a better word.

Copy the link into the address bar of your browser to add Oaklandlibrary to 1Password:

onepassword://share/1?d=U2FsdGVkX1%2B%2BzhGG%2B4U7PZ4ARdaXhaRbgcXBzvGS7CDkouFQ69bVE8d8wdnvscKc45wQiCvLRYCCck1VbKoLAne0K6TSL4tfZOk9Tysbp68FhbhbFdTk9Dp06JJSxc0%2FgE%2F3uz1AfuqlY%2F1u5gH3dyyqCDX7relT8BxCC0KBE4lmmy5q55gV3GzlLagL2IjotpEvntn%2BP59dhM8t1CxtcHkLZCz9ST3mCBMw5bDIUITFGzbLoOHNc%2BiicMLMauMkRGqc9Am1GMlgKhCcw258bWx0Gip%2BikbWW%2F5DgbbqBTGmlX1uX0peZaFN8OgXYEHtl%2BjLNBQGvtFUNn9Nak4aY%2B%2BCSURtNJRQ%2F%2Bsqm0w%2BCG%2F%2Fc1KHyVv247Kz65HgHqIygZ9uWk4tl%2FnH9TvB2lwrmPKTvThFs1PWbmkVPjU7bkrI59K0hxIuT1MOOwUCHicVyt3eNXeIeU9X0ZYybeJ%2BbzuqayU%2F4iGP%2BB%2BwgRkoMEhpT%2FwHU%2FsJfgvdAwiZKD4llDu448afqG%2Fu5D2%2FB7Q9X8h6P8CEgYxP1zGRsgutUV%2BWM3KNLozhnYZBbgaRAuXHSBGGfpp8Wkf652YO%2FQ3psHIL2xoRqibH1hr6Wwtc%2BqBM8ryfCRbaqR109%2BKkjq6WJ1E%2FymWrTloG3kLFRPZy1d3VvB%2FaRNvtDKw81Zsf4x4%3D

If you click on that it will add the item to your vault and don't worry, I won't see anything when you edit it. I just figure that will make it easier as it will create a copy in your vault and then you simply edit the web form details section so that the three values match yours. The username and password at the top of the page will change to match when you click save and it should hopefully work.

Let us know how you get along.

• DeathRobot
    DeathRobot
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @littlebobbytables That worked great. And, yes, I'm using v5 of 1PW. Thanks again, Michael

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @DeathRobot, thank you for letting us know it's successfully working for you.

As this seems to be resolved I'm going to close this thread but if you have any questions or issues in the future don't hesitate to post!

This discussion has been closed.