iCloud Sync between Macs and iOS Devices

Options
Christoph_Pr
Christoph_Pr
Community Member

Hello,
on my macs I have lion and 1Password 4 On my Devices 1 have the newest OS and 1Password 5.2
The syncing works only between the Macs. Even with iCloud synicing on the OS Devices won't recognize the vault.
Only the Macs synchronize It looks like they are using different Vaults ?
It would be great if you can help me on that
Many thank's in advance

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

The iCloud syncing process was substantially redone with the release of iOS 8, Yosemite, and 1Password 5. One result, though, is that you won't be able to use iCloud to sync from Lion with 1Password 4 and iOS 8 and 1Password 5. You can still use Dropbox for that combination, though.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Christoph_Pr,

hawkmoth's reply is correct I'm afraid. For more details on this you may want to check out Dave Teare's announcement, iCloud Changes in the Website Version of 1Password 5.

Essentially though you have to either be running 1Password 4 everywhere with the old iCloud or 1Password 5 everywhere with the newer iCloud Drive.

Dropbox though is not just platform agnostic but also pretty much version agnostic too. If you need any assistance in moving over let us know.

• Christoph_Pr
    Christoph_Pr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    Thank you for your replies.
    I still have the old Cloud
    So would it be possible at least with 1 Password 4 and Mavericks or Mountain Lion?
    Wifi Sync won't work for me because i have more then one Computer to synchronize.
    For Drop Box Sync I have to be locked in with my Account
    Here the Problem is that my wife has a different Account.
    Since 1Password won't log in without the Dropbox Client it won't work neither for me.
    And having my data in Drop Box is leaving me with a bad feeling
    Can you help me on that?
    Thank you

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Christoph_Pr,

If you haven't upgraded to iCloud Drive then yes, you should be able to have all copies of 1Password 4 on your Macs sync via iCloud, that should still work.

You're correct, if you were to use Dropbox each OS X user account would need to run the Dropbox client but in a way this is no different from iCloud, it's just that iCloud is part of OS X and so it's running and you're logged in via Apple's System Preferences.

I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean by locked in with your account or how your wife having a different account would be an issue, it might be helpful if you could explain in a little more detail.

Saying that, if you're happy to have 1Password 4 on your Macs sync via iCloud and then use Wi-Fi Sync in tandem for your iOS devices that's certainly one option.

This discussion has been closed.