Firefox 36 on Win XP - 1P add-on ver 4.2.5 does nothing when clicked

Options
southernforge
southernforge
Community Member
edited March 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,
After updating the browser and installing the add-on (via 1P ver 4.2.0.548), the add-on button in the toolbar does nothing when clicked. Well, that's not quite right: the button does change visually to appear as if it is being depressed when clicked...
Have searched the forum prior to posting - have I missed something?

Thanks.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @southernforge,

Were you able to resolve the issue with Richard's troubleshooting link? It looks like something's interfering with the communication between the extension and the 1Password helper. It could be one of your extensions in Firefox.

• usertech
    usertech
    Community Member
    Options

I have the issue described above with Windows 7 and Firefox. The affected PC has Kaspersky Internet Security on it and when following the advice at the link above (which mentions that you need to update Kaspersky Internet Security to the latest version) I verified that Kaspersky is set to automatically update the application itself. I also verified that Firefox was set to update itself automatically.

I installed the Chrome browser extension in Chrome too and when I click on the 1Password icon on the toolbar nothing happens in that app either.

Any help appreciated.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @usertech,

It is possible they may have released an update that broke the compatibility with 1Password.

Please try disabling the code signature verification mentioned here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/disabling-code-sig-verification

After that, restart 1Password Helper via the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper of the main 1Password application and then restart your browser, see if 1Password will then work in your browsers.

• usertech
    usertech
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. That caused both 1Password to respond in both Firefox and Chrome.

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @usertech,

That's great to hear. Thanks for trying that. Would you mind sending us your diagnostic report, so we can figure out what's going on. We might have to get in touch with Kaspersky again to make sure 1Password continues to work with its code signature check enabled.

To send us the report, please follow the guide here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/diagnostics-report

Please include the link to this thread in the email and let me know here when you sent it, so I can look for it.

• Hey @usertech,

Can you please follow the instructions in this knowledge base article?

Unfortunately, it seems, Kaspersky Internet Security doesn't download or install maintenance patches through the auto-update feature for many users.
    You might have to download and install the version manually.

Once you've done this, you should be able to re-enable code signature verification.

Please let us know if this helps.

• southernforge
    southernforge
    Community Member
    Options

Folks, please accept my apology: I neglected to return to this thread - which I started - to advise that following your advice did the trick. Good points about Kaspersky, and while I like the product in general, it does sometimes have some very quirky behavior and characteristics!

• LauraR
    Options

@southernforge - thanks so much for letting us know that your issue is now resolved.

This discussion has been closed.