Synced and yet different

Options
mac.gebruiker
mac.gebruiker
Community Member

Today I checked whether the data in 1Passport (v5.1) on my iMac (OSX 10.2) and MacMini (10.2) were correctly sunned using iCloud. I discovered that the iMac hold a lot of redundant/unnecessary items. There is a big difference the iMac holds 584 where the Mini holds 248. I also checked my iPhone and it is identical to the MacMini

How to get this really in sync meaning they contain both same items. Meaning: how to mac the iMac identical to the MacMini & iPhone?

Comments

• Hi @mac.gebruiker,

Thanks for writing in. That's interesting and curious. Let's start with the obvious stuff and work from there.

Can you double check that all 3 of these devices are logged into the same iCloud account?

Next could you edit an item on the Mac Mini and verify if those changes made it to both the iPhone and the iMac? I suspect that what we'll see is that the changes will make it to the iPhone but not the iMac.

Now do an edit of an item on the iMac and see if those changes appear on either of the other devices.

This might be difficult, but could you find an item that is on the iMac that is not on the MacMini? Edit this item on the iMac, and see if this causes the item to show up on the MacMini.

Based on these answers we'll have a better idea of what's going on here, and we'll be able to figure out the next steps. I suspect the iMac isn't really syncing at all with the other two.

Rick

• mac.gebruiker
    mac.gebruiker
    Community Member
    Options

In the meantime I have done some tinkering and think I found out the problem. The iPhone and MacMini are both recently installed from scratch. The iMac however hs been 'living' for quite some time.

Eventually I discovered that changes on either iPhone & MacMini were synced between them, leaving the iMac in the cold. And vice versa. So, on the iMac, I deleted all that I could find pertaining to 1Password and reinstalled from scratch. Snd now it works as expected.

What I think has happened is that I used to have 1Password v4, then I installed v5beta, next v5, v5.1. Somewhere in this process the syncing was set identical to all the others but 1Password still used the old location and was not synced. At least, this is the only explanation I can think of.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mac.gebruiker,

I believe Rick was hoping for something a little more elegant but I'm glad to hear it's resolved. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing going forward :smile:

This discussion has been closed.