Feature Request: Let us (optionally) specify allowed special characters for each login

Options
ScottyTheMenace
ScottyTheMenace
Community Member

I know I can edit the password after 1P generates it, but this reduces the randomness. It would be great if there was a way for users to specify which special characters are allowed for a given login. Even just a simple text field in the recipe area where a user could type in the allowed characters would be great. This way 1P could do its random thing while using only the allowed characters.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @ScottyTheMenace,

Thanks for the feedback! We have an open feature request for this in our internal tracker, and I'll add your vote. :)

ref: OPM-1378

• ScottyTheMenace
    ScottyTheMenace
    Community Member
    Options

Sweet. Will certainly help with those 19th century sites that still refuse to allow secure passwords. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah, I updated a site recently only to find they restrict passwords to 16 character passwords and alphanumeric only. Then I discovered their secret question answer had the same limit!

I know we want to improve the Password Generator, we're just trying to find a way that makes it intuitive for everybody to use with all these odd sites.

This discussion has been closed.