Where are 1PW 5.1 backups stored?

tuni12
tuni12
Community Member

Under preferences I can see the list of backups, however, checking into the Go-> ~library...etc..files, it appears these backups are all labeled as if they are 1PW 4 backups. I am using the latest version of 1PW (MAS) and don't see a file designating that these are 1PW 5 backup files?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

See this knowledge base article. The 1P4 folder names were not changed when 1P5 was released.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tuni12,

When we moved from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 the support files and the structure changed significantly so we moved 1Password 4 to its own location. While 1Password 5 is an improvement on 1Password 4, the support files haven't changed. So we left it using the same location as there wasn't a pressing urgency to adapt it. Hopefully we haven't caused too much confusion with that decision but if you have any questions please do ask :smile:

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

Ah ha - no problem - just was curious and concerned that I may have missed something. thanks for the prompt reply.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Glad we could reassure :smile:

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

"Reassure" - You guys (and gals) do a lot of that for me. thx

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Given the nature of the application we want all our customers to have faith in it, we can't have happy customers unless there is trust :smile:

This discussion has been closed.