Vivaldi?

Options
croldham
croldham
Community Member

Greetings,

Any plans for support of Vivaldi, the new browser from the Opera folks? It supports some Chrome extensions already, but I can't seem to load the 1P extension with their instructions.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @croldham,

As long as they intend to be compatible with Chromium plugins like the current Opera browser then in theory we will support it along with the other Chromium browsers. I suspect it's more just the newness of the browser in question. It's a tech preview that's available and even their own site has extensions listed under coming. I think we'll have to wait and see how their extension support progresses though.

• wiltocking
    wiltocking
    Community Member
    Options

As a new Vivaldi user (Forever a Opera 12 holdout which 1P didn't support), the process of installing the extension from the Chrome store was simple. However, due to browser code signature verification the extension would not run. Got around this by disabling this security feature but I would feel better if 1P detected the browser from the get go. Is this something that could be looked into?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @wiltocking,

I'm glad you were able to get the 1Password extension working in Vivaldi!

We do have an open feature request to add support for Vivaldi, and although I can't make any promises, I'd be happy to add your vote.

If you need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

ref: OPX-800

• wiltocking
    wiltocking
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it's a great product but extensions are a must. Before with Opera 12 I just didn't make the effort to add accounts to it.

After looking around in the Vivaldi Forums, it seems that since the browser is so new they haven't implemented extension support yet (but you can still install them at your own risk). What this means, is that we don't get to see the 1P button on the task bar but the extension works. Still able to right click on login fields and populate, access through drop down menu, and 1P still shows a popup on new logins that are detected.

This is OK for me for now.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wiltocking,

I'm glad you've found an acceptable workflow while you trail blaze ahead with Vivaldi. I hope it turns out well, I was a big Opera fan too but post v12 it was just a disaster and I ended up switching to Safari. I'd love to see a browser I could return to again :smile:

This discussion has been closed.