Installation Help

Options
sonjathompson
sonjathompson
Community Member

I am totally lost and confused. Just got Mac Pro and installed 1Password. Does not seem to be working properly or I do not know how to use it. I do not know how to install the 1Password Extension in my Safari browser. I hit the big green install button per your directions; however I do not get the Install 1 Password Extension. I get nothing. I do not see 1 Password appear in the toolbar either. The 1Password is in my Launchpad and when I click on the icon I get a screen with All Item, Favorites, Categories (Logins, Secure Notes, Credit Cards, Identities) Security on the left and Identities on the right with nothing on that section.

Not sure what I do next.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@sonjathompson I think the first thing to do is to try to post in the correct forum. :) I've moved your post from the Lounge to the 1P for Mac forum where you'll find much more help. I've also deleted your duplicate post to keep the thread a little clearer.

I think it would be helpful to tell us:

1. your OS X version;
    2. the version number of 1P that you are running (go to 1P > About 1Password and tell us exactly what it says there).

Have you used 1Password before? Do you have any existing 1P data on either your Mac or on any other device? 1P isn't going to add data automatically: you have to add that when you start using it. Have a look at these knowledgebase articles:

Saving a login

Adding an identity and a credit card

When you give us the information requested at the start of this post someone will be able to help more with your problem about the Safari extension.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sonjathompson,

Given your general confusion towards 1Password you may find our guide, Getting Started, a good starting point.

For the extension this page, Installing browser extensions, should help. If you're struggling at a certain point, not just with the extension but any issue, it will be very useful if you can describe what you've tried and if you're following a guide, at which point what you're seeing diverges from what you're being told to expect.

We'll be here to help so please do post.

This discussion has been closed.