1Password for iOS Pro Features

Options
equalist
equalist
Community Member

Hi all,

So I took the plunge and purchased 1Password for Mac and installed the iPhone equivalent with only a little discomfort migrating information from OSX Keychain.
What I found after I'd done this is that the iPhone app now allows for 2fa authentication which is brilliant. My issue is that it appears I need to pay a further £7.99 for the privilege, an act I'm not keen on making considering how much it has cost me thus far.

I came across this article though:
iphonehacks.com/2015/01/1password-new-update-for-ios-app.html
which contains the sentence "This one-time password generation is only available for Pro users, though, which means either a $9.99 in-app purchase with the iOS app, or through the $49.99 purchase in the Mac App Store for the Mac version."

Does this mean that if I have purchased the Mac version, the pro features in the iOS version are available to me, or am I forced to make an additional payment to make them available?

Any clarification would be most useful.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does this mean that if I have purchased the Mac version, the pro features in the iOS version are available to me, or am I forced to make an additional payment to make them available?

The simple answer is that you need to make a separate purchase. 1P for iOS and 1P for Mac are completely separate products. If you buy 1P for Mac but want the pro features in 1P for iOS you still have to make the iOS in app purchase to enable the pro features.

Stephen

• equalist
    equalist
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen.
    Unfortunately, you've confirmed what I had suspected.

I appreciate your help.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @equalist, and for the assist, @Stephen_C.

This discussion has been closed.