List box remains around after closing browser

Options
DQue
DQue
Community Member
edited March 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I just closed Firefox, when I did, the 1Password list box that allows me to select a user name, stayed up and available for use on my desktop. It wasn't until I clicked on 1Password and re-opened the application that the list box went away. See attached

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DQue I'm sorry you are having this problem. It has been reported to us once or twice before. Unfortunately, we have not been able to reproduce it for ourselves. We do know this: the common denominator is Firefox. /cc @AlexHoffmann @MikeT

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Svondutch,

I have noticed it on Chrome 41.0.2272.89/1P Extension 4.3.10 as I am using the browser more often now. Linking back to the original thread. I am currently on Firefox 36.0.1 and 1Password Extension 4.3.0.b10

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/25766/issue-with-firefox-extension-persistence#latest

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Does it happen more often if you double-click on the 1Password icon while it still searches for Logins to show? For an example, you click on the icon in Chrome, waiting for the Logins but you clicked on the icon once more to try to force it.

I see it happen in Chrome too but only if I was accidentally pressing the icon more than once.

Also, is your 1Password vault you're using the .agilekeychain or .opvault format?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

Does it happen more often if you double-click on the 1Password icon while it still searches for Logins to show? For an example, you click on the icon in Chrome, waiting for the Logins but you clicked on the icon once more to try to force it.

Now that you mention it, it happens when I do that, yes.

I also get a list box and sometimes when I click to see more and it would flicker and stay blank for more than a few seconds (show x more items...).

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Also, is your 1Password vault you're using the .agilekeychain or .opvault format?

I'm syncing via Dropbox. One of my Macs is stuck at Lion.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Now that you mention it, it happens when I do that, yes.

Yea, I can make it happen like that a few times. We'll look into it and see what's going on, I'll follow up when we have something more. Please do let us know if you find something else.

I'm syncing via Dropbox. One of my Macs is stuck at Lion.

That means the .agilekeychain format.

Thanks for the information.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I thought that .opvault isn't fully mature yet? I realize that you would want to switch over to it eventually. Windows Phone can't use it and neither can older Mac releases of 1Password.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

I thought that .opvault isn't fully mature yet? I realize that you would want to switch over to it eventually.

1Password 4 for Windows had this support since the original 4th version and you can sync it between Windows apps without any issues. It's just not ready to be switched over by default for all platforms because we have other areas we need to finish first. However, recent Mac and iOS versions can use it already.

Windows Phone can't use it and neither can older Mac releases of 1Password.

We do plan to update 1Password for Windows Phone in the future to support opvault. But yea, there's no opvault support coming for the legacy platforms.

This discussion has been closed.