Dual login possibility

Hi new at the 1 password thing but appreciate how thinking of later app useabiltiy like 1password prevents issues in the long run.

I am developing an app for a document management program that has two different applications. Is it possible for 1Password to deal with a page that has a single username and log in but depending on which icon is pressed goes to a different location. Like below

Is there a way to tell 1password to choose one click over another (Red hub or Defect Tracker )

Many thanks for your help. Love the product by the way - use it everyday and save me soooo much time.

Michelle

Comments

• Hi @appqueen,

Is this a website that opens the application for the user or is it a single app window that has two buttons that the user can click to open the specific application?

If it is an application with two separate buttons, 1Password shouldn't submit anything when the user fills in their credentials via Auto-Type, the user will need to press the button manually.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Is there a way to tell 1password to choose one click over another (Red hub or Defect Tracker)

@appqueen My advice is to make one of them the default button (eg. make it respond to the Enter key press).

1Password shouldn't submit anything when the user fills in their credentials via Auto-Type

@MikeT Actually, Auto-Type does submit your credentials (provided Auto-Submit is turned on).

• @svondutch, okay, I didn't see it work in my case, I'll file reports as it comes in.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@MikeT Here's where and when Auto-Type should submit your credentials:

1. Auto-Submit is ON here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Logins
    2. Edit your Login item. Auto-Submit is set to if auto-submit is ON or Always
    3. Edit your Login item. Auto-Type: [X] Use Auto-Type in web browser is ON
    4. Start your web browser. Navigate to the web site associated with your Login item
    5. Click on the 1Password button, or press Ctrl+\
This discussion has been closed.