Two boxes for login on same page - possible to let 1password to decipher?

appqueen
appqueen
Community Member

Hi new at the 1 password thing but appreciate how thinking of later app useabiltiy like 1password prevents issues in the long run.

I am developing an app for a document management program that has two different applications. Is it possible for 1Password to deal with a page that has a single username and log in but depending on which icon is pressed goes to a different location. Like below

Is there a way to tell 1password to choose one click over another (Red hub or Defect Tracker )

Many thanks for your help. Love the product by the way - use it everyday and save me soooo much time.

Michelle

Comments

• Hey @appqueen. Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your consideration of 1Password.

This is a tricky situation, and I'm not aware of any sites like this. However, I can say that when 1Password autofills and then autosubmits a login, it basically simulates the 'enter' key. Unfortunately, for situations like this, there would be no way for 1Password to specify which button to click. If the two separate login buttons are on the same page, I recommend disabling autosubmit for that login item in 1Password, so that the user can click the button for whichever location they want.

That said, if the login page had one submit button, and this option was on a separate page, 1Password wouldn't get so confused and could indeed autosubmit on the login page. :)

I hope I was able to answer your question! Please let me know if you need any further clarification.

This discussion has been closed.