1 password not working at all - no auto-login and frozen save dialog box, can see password

Options
mgnyc
mgnyc
Community Member

Running mac 10.9.4 - 1P version 4.4.3. Really sorry I spent the money for this app.
1) doesn't actually autofill any sites on safari (yes, extension is installed , enabled restart even, so I have to manually enter all the data unless i go to the site by clicking on it in 1P. For some reason that only works about 20% of the time anyway, the rest of the time there is no link
2) dialog box that pops up when you do a new login just freezes every time, so I can't add a new name to identify the login (I tried umocking first and also opening up the full program and not just using the mini but that doesn't help either)
3) in the program, I can't actually see the password I chose in web forms, but rather something that 1P chose, so that is useless.

All this with safari autofill off.

So, now i not only can't auto fill any sites, but I can't see the passwords I have chosen. If I copy and paste into the website, it doesn't recognize the password and I have to go back to y former password program to see what my login info actually was.

Also you clearly indicate you can import from SPlashID safe - only if I want everything converted to Notes.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mgnyc,

Something clearly isn't right that's for sure.

I found your screenshot interesting for two reasons. Normally the tags and folders section isn't visible unless you expand the dialog via the button to the right of the text field. Also, the text field is usually pre-populated with the name of the website.

Can you try the following for me please.

1. Uninstall the 1Password Safari browser extension.
    2. Quit both 1Password and 1Password mini. You can do this with the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌘Q when 1Password is open (it doesn't have to be unlocked).
    3. Drag the 1Password application from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash.
    4. Reboot your Mac.
    5. Download 1Password again from the same place you purchased it. So via Apple's App Store application if you're a MAS user and from our AgileBits Download page if you're a Agile Web Store (AWS) customer.
    6. Download the 1Password Safari browser extension again.

If that makes no difference at all can you please let us know what version of Safari and the extension you're running please. I'm mostly targeting points 1. and 2. at the moment before we start looking at 3.

Now I don't have any reason to believe it's connected but I just wanted to make sure you're aware that 10.9.4 isn't the latest version of Mavericks available to you. If you're running 10.9.4 it seems likely you may not have the FREAK vulnerability patched installed either which is highly recommended and available to Mavericks.

As for our importing of SplashID. I've never used their product before so I don't know if there is a technical reason or not why everything is imported as notes. If their data isn't typed like ours it may be where it isn't possible to know what it is. That is speculation though as I simply haven't used their product.

• mgnyc
    mgnyc
    Community Member
    Options

I can try all that stuff tomorrow, but honestly, I just bought the software and just installed it and these are the problems so I can't really see how a re-install is going to help. Also it took me forever to finally import stuff from splash id to 1P and I tried so many things I honestly don't know what worked in the end (albeit only partially ) so how would I get all the stuff back that I had to enter manually?

Safari 7.05 Mac OS 10.94 1P extension 4.2.5.

For 50$ it should really do at least some of the things it is supposed to do.

As far as the import from Splash ID - some items were imported at lease partially an some things that were almost identical were imported as notes. I was specifically told there was support for SplashID vid files. I wouldn't expect attachments to be imported, or custom fields, but the basic logins (user name, password url) should work at least.

I also can't see my passwords if the items weren't imported - just some kind of generated password. So this obviously doesn't work with any of my logins because 1P is replacing a password with its own generated thing - so this is also useless even as a way just to store passwords.

Also, I can understand the purely forum support model for free or cheap apps, but for this kind of price and with the software not doing anything for which it is ostensibly designed, I expect a phone line or email at least.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @mgnyc,

You might have better import fidelity with the converter available here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30286/mrcs-convert-to-1password-utility/p1

It will import all your data, and categorize your items as best as possible, and can be customized should you have special needs.

I'm happy to help you out if you have issues.

• Nurinai
    Nurinai
    Community Member
    Options

exactly right

• mgnyc
    mgnyc
    Community Member
    Options

I tried that utility - not only were the directions opaque and confusing, but it didn't work
    This also doesn't address the other major issues - dialog box lock and no autofill login and scrambled passwords. Frankly, not being able import data is the least of the issues (I manually added so , now waste of time and money) if the program is not working

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @mgnyc,

I hear your frustrations. Someone from AgileBits will have to address your other issues. I find it best to work a single issue at a time, and separating the venting from the requests for help.

I tried to help you in late February in this thread, and was awaiting your reply. I can only tell you that hundreds of users have use the utility to import from other password managers. It isn't quite as simple as drag-and-drop, but I think you can do it too. In case you are still interested, here's a video that shows it is not too difficult.

I'll leave this now...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mgnyc,

We use a variety of communication forms. While we do have an email address we've been encouraging the use of the forums lately because we were concerned with the response time some people were facing. The forums allow us to communicate with many more people at the same time if they're facing the same issue. Sometimes people post just to say a thread helped them and that doesn't include the people that find a solution but don't even register.

Obviously not every problem can be resolved in a public forum. Some may require asking for information that should be deemed private or an issue is simply too complex. When these happen we take it to our ticketing system.

The suggestion of removing and downloading 1Password again will not touch your vault, we take the contents of your vault quite seriously and wouldn't suggest anything that would risk it. So you wouldn't be re-importing anything.

If you simply prefer to contact us via email then please do so at support+forum@agilebits.com and if you can link to this thread please (the URL is https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/37877/1-password-not-working-at-all-no-auto-login-and-frozen-save-dialog-box-can-see-password/p1) that will help the person that responds understand what has happened so far.

This discussion has been closed.