1Password isn't available for customizing the command bar in IE

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: IE 11 & 1Password Icon on IE Toolbar.

Comments

• markus3000
    markus3000
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am having the same issue...frustration...... mine is checked in preferences like yours..... mine shows up in manage addons as you have it now. .. but there is no option to add the button in the customize toolbar area... its just not in the list of available toolbar buttons.

on windows 7 ie 11 32bit

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @markus3000,

That sounds like one or two 1Password components is disabled in the Manage Add-ons area. If it is, it wouldn't be available in the Customize Toolbar window, so you have to make sure both are enabled.

Can you try this again:

1. Open IE, click on the gear icon on top right of IE to select Manage Add-ons
    2. Select Toolbars and Extensions on the left sidebar and please ensure that both 1Password components are enabled by right-clicking on them to select Enable. It should look like this at the end:

After that, restart IE first, right-click on the command bar to customize it and you should be able to add 1Password now.

Please let me know if this works.

• markus3000
    markus3000
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

You didn't read my post....I stated that I have 1password in manage addons as you have it, meaning it was the way you had it in your pic... enabled. I had everything as you had it posted and still no button to add in the dialog box.

• Hi @markus3000, can you please do the following:

1. Close IE, open the main 1Password application and unlock
    2. Go to the File Menu > Preferences > Browsers
    3. Uncheck the option for the Internet Explorer to uninstall it and click OK.
    4. Open IE and then close it again.
    5. Go back to 1Password, go to the Browsers preferences in step 2 and this time, check the option next to Internet Explorer.
    6. Open IE, it should prompt to ask if you want to enable the 1Password add-on, say yes.

Then please check if the extension now shows up in the command bar menu.

Apart from that: are you running Internet Explorer 11 in a special mode, such as Kaspersky's SafeMoney?

• markus3000
    markus3000
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Alex

I have tried what you suggested with no change in IE. The addon is added and enabled in manage addons but I never did receive a prompt to enable the addon though. I am not running and special mode. I do not run an antivirus. I am pretty knowledgeable about windows so I am stumped as well...

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

@markus3000 Is this setting ON?

1. Start Internet Explorer
    2. Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click on the Advanced tab.
    4. Check the Enable third-party browser extensions box under Browsing.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Restart Internet Explorer.
  • markus3000
    markus3000
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, that was already checked before install

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @markus3000,

This is strange that you didn't get the enable prompt from IE.

1. Do you recall if you changed anything else in the IE's Internet Options > Advanced > Security like enabling the Enhanced Protected Mode?

2. What about in the Tools menu, do you see 1Password on the list?

3. Would you be willing to try resetting IE to the factory settings to see if it works? We've seen this work in the past for unusual issues. This would remove your bookmarks, so you have to make sure to save any data you can before doing this. Let me know if you do want to try doing this and I can send the instructions via email or PM here on how to proceed.

• AprilL
    AprilL
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, I am having the same issues as Marcus3000. I have Windows 8, ie 11.0.9. All things are checked appropriately and I've unchecked and closed, then restarted, re-checked and nothing. Restarted computer=nada. Help! I'm not sure I'm comfortable resetting IE to factory settings, but if you can give me the information to do so & save my bookmarks, etc. I would be willing to try. 1Password for Windows is virtually useless for me at this point. Love it on my Mac & works like a dream, but have had problems from the beginning on my pc.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @AprilL,

Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report from 1Password and email it to us, include the thread link in the email (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/37954/1password-isnt-available-for-customizing-the-command-bar-in-ie).

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it.

Thanks!

• markus3000
    markus3000
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I do see 1password in the tools menu, and as a side note..it does prompt me to save a password on occasion as I remember. No I don't have Enhanced Protected Mode checked. Reseting explorer in not an option.I really need to resolve this!

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @markus3000,

What happens when you select 1Password from the Tools Menu, does it prompt to unlock your 1Password data?

Reseting explorer in not an option.I really need to resolve this!

Unfortunately, without that option, there aren't many solutions to try. However, please email us your diagnostic report to see what else might cause this. Also, include the thread link in the email (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/37954/1password-isnt-available-for-customizing-the-command-bar-in-ie).

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it.

Thanks!

• markus3000
    markus3000
    Community Member
    Options

it brings up a menu bar with several options

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @markus3000,

Like this?

This discussion has been closed.