Problem installing Firefox extension

Options

Comments

• Elaini
    Elaini
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am having trouble to install the Firefox extension/plugin as well, for connection failure. How do I install Safari extension to Firefox, though? I've never used the browser, and the plugin's format looks like it's very Safari specific. I do know that Safari and Firefox and both from Mozilla.

Sorry, I noticed just now that the search took me to Mac forum topic. I use Windows.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Elaini I've moved your post to the 1P for Windows forum where you'll get more help.

Stephen

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @Elaini,

The only way you should install the extension is to open the main 1Password application, unlock, go to the File Menu > Preferences > Browsers. From there, click on the Install Firefox Extension button, which will open up in your Firefox browser and guide you through the steps you need to install the extension. This is true for any other browsers you might have, use the main application to install the right extension.

This guide should help: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/setting-up-browsers

I do know that Safari and Firefox and both from Mozilla.

Safari belongs to Apple, they do not have anything to do with Firefox and Mozilla. The extension for Safari does not work in Firefox, they all work differently and that includes Chrome from Google.

I think what the other user was talking about is that he used Safari on his Mac to download the Firefox extension and then dragged that file in Firefox to install it, he did not mean installing Safari extension into Firefox.

If that's what you want to do, please use this link in Internet Explorer to download the Firefox extension (the file would look like 1Password-4.2.5.xpi) and then drag it into Firefox's address bar to install it.

• Elaini
    Elaini
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

OK, thanks for the spin off topic and correction.

I did try the method of installing the extension to Firefox MikeT, but the result is the same. It looks like it starts downloading, but then it says that there was a connection problem at the end of Agilebits.com.

I also tried to find the extension with Firefox's own search, because it can also be found with the search of Chrome, but nothing comes up with the search of Firefox extensions named "1Password" - mainly some other similar things, but not the program of Agilebits which I'm after.

• Elaini
    Elaini
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch Thank you, the installation worked now, but the extension itself isn't really working. It doesn't ask the master password, do the logins with a click etc.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Elaini,

Can you tell me if you have an anti-malware solution installed on your PC and if yes, what is it? I wonder if they're blocking the extension from working, it might also explain the connection issue if the solution is blocking certain domains from being reached.

Please try the tips here to see if any of them works: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/troubleshooting-extensions-win

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Elaini,

I saw your other comment here: where you said you're using Avast. Can you lower your mode or disable the Harden mode feature in Avast and see if that'll work.

This discussion has been closed.