Attaching files

Options

I was told that it is possible to attach files that you want to keep secure so that they have to be accessed using a password (my 1password vault password). However, I cannot find any information on that in the guide. As an example, I want to attach my pdf files of my medical files for my eyes, and also my blindness certificate. Also, although I have put the numbers for my passport into 1Password using my iPad, I want to attach photos of several pages of it.
How do I do those things? My understanding is that once I put them into 1Password on my computer, then I can also synch my information, and my pdf files and my pics will be available on my iPad.
Thank you for your help.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    1. Start 1Password
    2. Unlock
    3. Locate your Login item; select it
    4. In the lower-right quadrant, you should see a box that reads "drop your attachment here"
    5. Drag and drop your attachment to 1Password
  • dpenwell
    dpenwell
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your help. I now understand how to do attachments. However, as it turns out, you d o not have the same type of area for attaching a file for passports. Therefore, I cannot attach pdf of jpg scans of the pages of my passport, my Indian PIO Card, or my FRRO booklet.

Do you have suggestions on an alternative method of attaching those files?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dpenwell Passports do have the "drop an attachment here" area.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @dpenwell,

Try scrolling down to the bottom of the Passport item as it may not show up in your view if you have a long list of data fields. Here's a screenshot to show what I mean:

This discussion has been closed.