Security without 1Password

Options
Jacko
Jacko
Community Member

I'm still the senior learning how 1Password works. I am introducing Safari links to 1Password. I go to the relative Safari page, I clear the "remember me on this computer" I then try to link in and can still do without using 1Password. Now I can get into my password protected page because the page still remembers me even though I have cleared the remember me requirement. Obviously I am doing something wrong, but I do not know what

HELP PLEASE !!!!

Jacko

Comments

• Jacko
    Jacko
    Community Member
    Options

It seems that certain pages, (like Amazon) opens up without 1Password, (even there is a link now inside 1Password) because I originally set my username and password to be remembered by them. I now do not know how to delete from the actual page, the memory of me. This Amazon password is now NOT stored on my iMac

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jacko,

From your description, it sounds like Safari saved your username/password for that site and is set to automatically fill it in for you. If you'd like to turn off Safari's AutoFill feature, you can follow the steps here: Disabling the web browser’s built-in password managers

Does that help? Let us know if you have more questions about that. Thanks!

• Jacko
    Jacko
    Community Member
    Options

Drew, it almost worked, but what I have ended up with is fine. I followed your link instructions. Now I can get into my Amazon account direct under my name, but it doesn't have my password saved and asks me for it, which I don't give. If I then go into Amazon via 1Password, I can get straight in as my Amazon password is within 1Password.

Thanks pal, your advise is appreciated.

Jacko

• Jacko
    Jacko
    Community Member
    Options

advice !!!!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome @Jacko! It sounds like it's working correctly for you now, but if you have more questions or need help with anything else, just let us know. :)

• Jacko
    Jacko
    Community Member
    Options

Will do and thanks again

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:smile:

This discussion has been closed.