Old bugs replaced with new bugs - Great job guys

Options
AgileBurger
AgileBurger
Community Member
edited March 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hilarious -

I come here and list all these bugs with a software that literally has been around for how many years? Basic functionality not working all over the place.

You tell me to update my version. So i do.

Yep. Lots of stuff fixed. And now new things broken. Do you guys bother testing your releases at all? I would be happy to come on board as a testing employee if you'd like me to help you find these problems. It really only takes actually using your software. Fascinating concept I know. Use it throughout the day. If you can go through 1 day without seeing a glaring bug .... then your eyes must be closed.

Why am I being snarky? Because this software is ridiculous. I pay you money and you give me something that clearly has not been tested. There's no excuse for that. It tells me that your development process is broken. And your test team needs to be fired. I just signed up with you guys for the first time 4 months ago. I have seen bugs upon bugs upon bugs since. There literally is no other software on my computer that is this much of a mess.

And yes im using the most recent version.

New bugs:

1) Have 1 browser window open (Firefox with almost ZERO modifications and almost Zero plugins). Open another browser tab. Your software prompts me for the unlock password again. Even though one browser tab is already open and I just entered the unlock password minutes before.

2) Have several tabs open. Open a new tab and go to a site that has logon information associated with it. Click the "i" icon to log in. Site is not even listed there. Have to close the tab and reopen the tab to get the site to appear in the "i" list

3) Multiple variations of this, over and over and over. Seriously - do you guys want me to be a tester? Im apparently amazing at finding things your test team cant. And I dont even have to try.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1) Have 1 browser window open (Firefox with almost ZERO modifications and almost Zero plugins). Open another browser tab. Your software prompts me for the unlock password again. Even though one browser tab is already open and I just entered the unlock password minutes before.

I'm guessing auto-lock kicked in. We surely do not require you to unlock 1Password per browser tab. Here's how and where to configure auto-lock.

2) Have several tabs open. Open a new tab and go to a site that has logon information associated with it. Click the "i" icon to log in. Site is not even listed there. Have to close the tab and reopen the tab to get the site to appear in the "i" list

Can you tell us what URL you're seeing this problem with? I would love reproduce and fix this problem. Please be as detailed as possible. Thanks!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Do you guys bother testing your releases at all? I would be happy to come on board as a testing employee if you'd like me to help you find these problems. It really only takes actually using your software. Fascinating concept I know. Use it throughout the day. If you can go through 1 day without seeing a glaring bug .... then your eyes must be closed.

If you had any experience in software testing then you'd understand that it's not that simple. Microsoft spends millions of dollars testing each Windows release and yet it's a virtual certainty that there will be a service pack full of bug fixes inside six months.
    There's also the fact that 1Password is operating in a terrible environment for testing. Not only do you have various plugins (I notice you said "almost no plugins"; which ones are you using? Should Agilebits be expected to test your plugins?) but you also have a multitude of websites written by an array of devs how are variously overly paranoid, under paranoid, incompetent, stupid and/or working under the instructions of business analysts who are all of the above as well as possibly poorly informed. Frankly I'm amazed that it works as well as it does.

And that's the point. I'm not seeing all that many new bugs being reported here. It's mostly just the same old stuff like AV programs breaking socket connections.

To address your issues:

1) After you open the first browser window and unlock 1Password, is the padlock on the system tray showing the unlocked padlock icon? Also, try it with all of your plugins disabled.

2) Not sure about this one. @svondutch, any thoughts on why it might not pick up the address first time round but would the second?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

any thoughts on why it might not pick up the address first time round but would the second?

@RichardPayne. Not off the top of my head. Reproducible steps would be nice. So far, all I know is this problem is in Firefox. /cc @AgileBurger

This discussion has been closed.