"Remember me" check box not working.

Options

If you go to "https://online.citibank.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do", the "Remember my User ID" check box is checked by default.
If the web form details does not have this item (which is called "remember") then the field remains checked, which is expected.
If I add the item (Name:"remember", Type:"checkbox", Value:""), then the field still remains checked. More surprisingly, if I manually uncheck the the checkbox then press "Ctrl+\" then the checkbox becomes checked!!!

See screenshot here.

Comments

• Hey @blissfool, that's Citibank for ya :(

It's one of the trickiest sites to save and fill. We're very much aware of this and are trying to fix this for our users.
    In this thread you can find a solution that has been reported to work for many users.

Other than that we have to ask you to be patient.

• blissfool
    blissfool
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Alex, thank you for your reply.
    I'm not having trouble with login for not be auto-filled per-se. Just the "Remember my User ID" checkbox not working correctly.

But, in any case, I guess I have to try other means to make it work.

• blissfool
    blissfool
    Community Member
    Options

Well, it looks like if I save all the User ID's that I want to use for that site, the auto-login selects the correct userid from the list.
    So, it won't be so bad for now. But, I'd rather not save userid's.

Hope this gets fixed soon! ;)

• If you want you can try our latest beta and the beta browser extension for Firefox or Chrome and see if it works better there. We're in the early stages of implementing major improvements here.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blissfool Please follow these steps:

1. Update 1Password to version 4.2.1.BETA-552 (or later)
    2. Start Chrome
    3. Update the 1Password extension in Chrome to version 4.3.0.12
    4. Navigate to https://online.citibank.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do
    5. Enter your user ID and password, but do NOT sign in
    6. Click on the 1Password button
    7. Click on: Settings > Save new Login

These steps should save the checkbox for you.

• blissfool
    blissfool
    Community Member
    Options

So, I've updated to Beta and here is what I've observed.

• The "remember me" checkbox still has issues but it's behaving a bit different now. It doesn't check the box if it's unchecked but it doesn't uncheck it if it's already checked. The login form has this checked by default.
    • Also, if you enable Auto-Submit", 1Password Auto-Save dialog opens. If you disable Auto-Submit and I manually click the logon button, then the Auto-Save dialog does not open.
  • blissfool
    blissfool
    Community Member
    Options

I think I might have find the reason for the issue. When I saved the login the first time, I've updated it to remove fields that appears to be not relevant. This login entry did not update the remember me checkbox correctly. I've created another entry with everything as-is and this one updates the remember me field correctly...
    It seems like if I make any change to the web form detail then the remember me field fails to work afterwards.

• blissfool
    blissfool
    Community Member
    Options

BTW, the "Auto-Save" dialog is still opening with the entry that updates the remember me checkbox correctly. :(

• Meek
    Options

Hey @blissfool!

I'm so sorry about all the trouble here, as Alex mentioned we are in the process of greatly improving filling on Citibank.

Now, the results you discovered in your last post actually make sense. We are quite restrictive in how we fill in an item that was saved with web form details - we have to be careful here as the website could have changed. If any of the fields we saved are different to the fields on the page, we switch to simple filling and only fill the username and password. This explains why you are seeing the checkbox not filling properly if you remove some of the saved web form details.

In general, if there are fields on the page that you would like to fill other than the username and password, you'll want to keep all the web form details intact as they have been saved.

I hope that helps clarify things! Let us know if you have any other questions.

• blissfool
    blissfool
    Community Member
    Options

I understand why it would behave like that when I remove fields but I didn't remove any fields for the case I've captured in the screenshot I've provided above. All I need was capture the login twice but for one entry just change the "value" of a field. So, in my opinion, the changed value might cause failed login but the field detection shouldn't have been affected.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @blissfool,

So, in my opinion, the changed value might cause failed login but the field detection shouldn't have been affected.

We'll look into it but it is not as simple as this, the field names aren't the only factor in this. We actually store a lot of raw data from the website itself that you're not seeing in the UI to improve the filling. If you change something to the web form details, you're changing other stuff that could break the filling. That's why web form details should not be edited most of the time.

Can you tell me why you are editing the usernameMasked field, it won't log you in with it? There are two fields on the site for the same username, the unmasked and masked fields, 1Password will fill both fields. However if you change one field, it can break the filling and affect how the site reacts to it because the Javascript code on the website will run if the username isn't masked (the field that you just edited). That can also have an impact on the checkbox, the filling can break the moment the Javascript code is running, thus we never get the chance to uncheck it.

If it is not working properly with both fields intact, then we need to look at it again and see what else we can do. Please let us know if it isn't letting you in properly without editing the web form details. Also, please test with both auto-submit off and on, it is possible the auto-submit is what's causing the failure, not the masked field.

• blissfool
    blissfool
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @MikeT,
    Thank you for your reply.

That make sense.

As per usernameMasked field, it's being filled in correctly and logging in successfully when I leave all fields as captured.
    It wasn't filling in correctly for my first few saved login entries where I've removed what I thought were unnecessary fields. It filled in the masked value - "bl*****ol" - instead of filling in the unmasked value and having the javascript mask the value. So, I replaced the masked value with the unmasked value in the saved entries. But, as mentioned, it's working correctly when the data is left as-is.

I'm still having issues with the "Auto-Save" dialog opening when I invoke "Auto-Submit"... It's asking me if I want to save the login even though the login was just populated and submitted by 1Pass.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blissfool: Oh, how I feel your pain! As a longtime Citibank credit card customer, I can tell you this has always been a struggle for me as well.

While we have some significant improvements in the works for a number (dare I say, 'all'?) of the various Citibank login forms, ultimately they could change their site overnight and present us with all-new challenges.

It is important to note that the webpage itself uses scripting to modify the information that you (or 1Password) enter into the login form, which is why 1Password keeps offering to save it again: after the information is filled, the webpages changes that information so that it differs from what 1Password has already saved...so you get that prompt.

Therefore, once you have a working (more or less) login item for our Citibank account, open 1Password, go to File > Preferences > Auto-Save, and +Add citibank.com (and probably accountonline.com as well) to the "Avoid Auto-Save on these Domains" list to stop receiving the prompts. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.